AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-09, 07:48 PM   #1
Phate

Phate is an unknown quantity at this point
ARRRGHHHHH - Long post.

So I'm sitting here with sister watching TV and doing some work on the laptop and

BAANG

Look at each other "wtf?"

I hurry to the front door, open up to see a van speeding off and its gone...then I look at my car

He's reversed right into the corner of it, cracked the bumper and broken the drivers side light cluster.

Something I could really do without right now, just rang the guy I got my bits from before and he's got a rear bumper but its in le mans green and not trophy blue, he's got a light cluster though.

Bits won't be here until Wednesday at the earliest and I need to drive tomorrow - argh.

The van in question looked suspiciously like the van thats been obstructing the driveway for about 6 months whilst they do construction work on the new house over the road...me and mums bf are going to go have a word tomorrow.

ARGH

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've had nothing but bad luck with this car...it's been hit....about 5, 6 times now??

3 weeks after owning it it was stolen from me and written off, I then had to front £1100 for parts and to have it bodged repaired by my ******** of a useless uncle which meant it was off the road for a month.

I then took it to get it RR'd where it nearly jumped off the rollers and killed everyone due to the alignment of the wheels.

So I spent a lot of time doing the usual fixes, rear bumper sag, SRS light blah blah blah etc etc etc.

For it to be driven into 3 times in 2 weeks

So I took it to the bodyshop, spent £225 having the rear bumper and side of the car sprayed/blended.

A week after that my sister shut the garage door and scraped down the back of the same rear bumper and put a nice line down it....thanks.

Then after a few visits to EMS I've had a level 3 service done, camber adjusters put on to sort out the camber problem on the front passenger wheel from the original accident, plus various other bits and pieces total work - nearly £1000

So now the car engine doesn't rattle anymore, it's pulling like a steam train, I did 600 miles this weekend and the car didn't miss a beat, I'm finally REALLY enjoying the car...and then today the above happens........and I'm getting sick of it.

All I ever seem to be doing is repairing the bodywork for somebody to come and ruin it

Oh and to top it off, someone put a nice big carpark dent in the door the other day

I really am tempted to get rid of it....its in the bodyshop more than it is on the road....but there isn't a car I've driven which has given me as many smiles per miles either.

Oh I don't know, I'm just fed up with all. I know that once I replace the light, and put the new bumper on and get that sprayed (gonna be like £300 - £400) it won't be longer than a ****ing month until someone else hits it, or someone else drives into it, or someone pushes a trolley into it. ARGH

What do I do?

I can't actually get insured on something like a Scooby (which is what I want) or a 200sx (which I also want) - the idea was to use the ZS as a stop gap until I can get insured on one without having to bend over, grease up and take it hard and dry....

Oh well...I might as well go buy a 1.25 Fiesta and deal with it.

Ho hom....