AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 11-11-12, 09:08 AM   #11
Fred68

Fred68 has a spectacular aura aboutFred68 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ippon View Post
Good point..... but Wwould still like to hear views on "the car is 7 years old/76K miles .... so if they have no evidence of the cam belt change (QUOTE:The 4 cylinder K engine is 60k miles or 5 years.)... do I walk?"
Don't let a belt change put you off. The V6 can be pricy if you get it done by someone who knows what they are doing but once done it's good for at least another 6 years!! I do my own so I know what's involved!! For me the 180 is the ZS I'd have which is why I do. The 120 as others have said is a good choice if you are in towns all the time. It's slightly better in the corners than the V6 as it has a better turn in however once on the open road the 180 is in a different league.
Old 11-11-12, 03:39 PM   #12
Noobrider

Noobrider will become famous soon enough
I own both a 120 and a 180. I like them both but they both are as different as chalk and cheese.

The 120 hatch is my daily runner and it is very good at being that. Fun to drive, quick enough for a bit of fun and handles pretty well when pushed. On the motorway its nice and comfy and will sit at 70 all day long but there's not much guts after that, you have to push it quite hard. On track its OK, standard it rolls a bit in the corners, was a bit better after I lowered it but I didn't really buy it for track days so its only been twice.
The hatch is very useful and I have towed alll manor of cars and vans with it. A good all round car that has never given me any trouble.

The 180 is my fun car. I bought it primarily for the track but I have used it a fair bit on the road over the last couple of months. The only thing I would say is in full trim it felt a heavy car but that engine makes you do naughty things all the time. The engine sound just makes you push the throttle harder and harder so you use twice as much petrol. On the motorway though it just cruises and when you want more speed, just press the loud pedal. Mine is stripped out and feels a lot better for it but I'm steadily building it ready for track only - yet to try it on track.

Our website: http://www.maxtedsgarage.co.uk

Friend us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/maxtedandsons.garage
Noobrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-12, 04:46 PM   #13
pete mufc bowker

pete mufc bowker is infamous around these parts
180 all day, i love smokin the 120's of the mark, coz im still a kid at heart even tho im 31 cough cough
Old 11-11-12, 07:34 PM   #14
Ippon

Ippon has a spectacular aura aboutIppon has a spectacular aura about
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...ge/2?logcode=p
Still not seen a MK2 180 that nearby to me (Sheffield) ...... but this one seems to be "enthusiast" owned ... can't really justify t'other half a 150 mile round journey to view every car advertised, as I have various 4 kids activity plus my own rugby commitments every weekend

......... Comments invited RE: the add please ......
QUOTE from add ...Just to clarify (had lots of questions) All 3 timing belts, auxillary belt & water pump replaced with metal impeller version at 54000 miles. Serviced by myself every 6000 miles. ITG Induction kit fitted, VIS indicator lights fitted, oil catch tank fitted.
Ippon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-12, 07:38 PM   #15
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Looks ok.
Old 11-11-12, 07:50 PM   #16
Ippon

Well this one is a better selling price £700 LESS..... but is being sold by a "dealer" ..... would you rate the EXTRAS "All 3 timing belts, auxillary belt & water pump replaced with metal impeller version at 54000 miles. Serviced by myself every 6000 miles. ITG Induction kit fitted, VIS indicator lights fitted, oil catch tank fitted. 3 new tyres fitted in last month" on the other ZED to make the extra £700 asking price better value?
Old 11-11-12, 08:41 PM   #17
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
I'd have a look at this if I were you - I sent them a message and it's a one owner car with good mileage ...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MG-ZS180-2...item337d5af339

Of the 2 saloons you've mentioned, I'd go for the private one with belts done - take 1900 and I reckon you'd get it.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-12, 09:05 PM   #18
Fred68

Fred68 has a spectacular aura aboutFred68 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ippon View Post
Well this one is a better selling price £700 LESS..... but is being sold by a "dealer" ..... would you rate the EXTRAS "All 3 timing belts, auxillary belt & water pump replaced with metal impeller version at 54000 miles. Serviced by myself every 6000 miles. ITG Induction kit fitted, VIS indicator lights fitted, oil catch tank fitted. 3 new tyres fitted in last month" on the other ZED to make the extra £700 asking price better value?
Honda type engine?? I've seen them branded as BMW engines but never Honda!! Price looks good though if it's as good as he said??
Old 11-11-12, 10:12 PM   #19
Ippon

Honda type engine? ... thats my worry ... ar3e/elbow springs to mind, at least with more expensive one. the "what to look for" in this sites buying guide looks covered...