theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 15-11-12, 11:40 AM   #11
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Very nice. Nicely rolled arches, but is that from the usual arch roller or something else? I was looking to either make one or buy one.
Old 15-11-12, 01:14 PM   #12
redzed

redzed has a spectacular aura aboutredzed has a spectacular aura about
dont buy one! come and use mine, im not far from you. its a normal rolling kit but i pushed it out as much as possible as i didnt know how the wheels would fit! kits is availble to members if anyone needs as it easy to use and companies charge £200 plus to do it
Old 15-11-12, 01:25 PM   #13
redzed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LozMachine View Post
What size and offset are they Redders, come on give us a clue! Tyres?
cant remember the exact offset, but the measurement from the inside of the hub to the inside of the wheel is the same as a mk1 rim, so it just sticks out 2 inches more to the outside. Tyres are ex btcc ones,
Old 15-11-12, 01:29 PM   #14
redzed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneekyparrot View Post
They look gr8t m8!

But sizes and prices would be good?

Also what u done to those mk1 arches they look more than just rolled?

Guess only issue I can see is they are going to plaster the side of the car without a covering / mudflap but then again if it's track focused then does it matter???

Cheers

P.

Cheers mate, im loving them! paid about £600 for them theyre 17inch by 9 inch wide team dynamics with btcc ex slicks. im not bothered about mud on the car but im going to get a set for my road one so will need some guards i think. The arches are rolled with a normal rolling kit but i just pushed them out much more than normal (which wrecked the arch!) but im not worried about looks as i just dont want any rub, but i didnt know how much they would eactely fit till igot them and i have pushed it out too far but im not worried, its going to be a mk2 soon anyway.
Old 15-11-12, 01:31 PM   #15
redzed

Also on the weight of them i compared to a zs wheel with tyres on and they actually weigh nearly 2 kgs lighter than a zs wheel with tyres on. so saving unsprung weight as well as adding grip
Old 15-11-12, 03:06 PM   #16
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by redzed View Post
dont buy one! come and use mine, im not far from you. its a normal rolling kit but i pushed it out as much as possible as i didnt know how the wheels would fit! kits is availble to members if anyone needs as it easy to use and companies charge £200 plus to do it
Sweet

Worth trying before I decide to cut the lips off and fit cut trailer arches a la oval hotrods.

PM me your address and email, we'll have to meet up sometime. Hopefully before the end of the month as the zed is being sorned for a while.