Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Cars Wanted

Old 01-10-10, 08:40 AM   #11
Phate

Phate is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
bit harsh .....
I shouldn't post when exhausted and irritated. Sorry about that, doesn't change my opinion of it being a bad idea though!
Old 01-10-10, 08:45 AM   #12
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Seriously - the lads been punting around in a car that'll do 120 and is plenty fast enough to injure himself for a year. In that year he may well have clocked up a good few thousand miles too.

Before I passed my test I'd been upside down in my dads Nissan sunny whilst on L-Plates and in a Honda civic. "There but for the grace of God go I".

He's for sure a car lover and if he gets one - it'll be one of the most cherished 180 on this site.

Plenty of guys on here have had accidents and IIRC, not because it's been their fault - yourself included.

Good on you I say - just go steady - and respect the car and what it can do. To hear the V6 - Quiet straight road - at 40, give it a rev and drop it into second. Don't boot it, just accelerate gradually and listen ....... Ah - that's better. 50/55 up into 3rd to 60 then 4th to relax - nice and calm. No faster or more dangerous than doing it in a 1.4 Pug 205.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-10, 10:09 AM   #13
SticklesMickles

SticklesMickles is on a distinguished road
LOL @ this, the 180 is not even that fast IMHO

Its nippy yeah, but its not a fast dangerous car.
SticklesMickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-10, 10:25 AM   #14
vanishing days

vanishing days will become famous soon enough
Well I've just switched up to 180 it's a massive difference from my 120 but as long as he's carefull im sure he'll be fine I've had it a week and I'm still learning how to drive it right. but im sure hell be ok
vanishing days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-10, 10:50 AM   #15
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phate View Post
Your an idiot if you get a 180.
TOOL.

hes only a idiot if he drives like one, regardless of all of that im 25, i had a supercharged zs at 20 with 250 odd bhp. i diddnt crash i was addicted to the v6 noise.

i see 18 year olds with scoobys round my way. you only crash if you drive outside your capabilitys.
Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-10, 02:20 PM   #16
Zed Lee

Zed Lee is on a distinguished road
Good luckwith thesurch mate, I was looking around for ages for my mk2 there are some right crap ones out there.
Zed Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-10, 04:50 PM   #17
steetee

steetee is on a distinguished road
If you have the money to insure and run it, I would go for it Stephen.

I met you before and you seemed mature for your age. I wouldn't see it being a problem.

Agree with the above posts.. The ZS 180 is not overly quick. I was in a 300bhp RWD 350z GT at 20 years old, and drove through the winter in the heavy ice and snow without bumping it.
steetee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-10, 05:01 PM   #18
Stephen
Yeah defo back now...

Stephen will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCKYDEVIL View Post
You got a buyer lined up for yours then ?
?3700 should get you a nice example, happy hunting.
Yeah i have a buyer. Good friend off the 75/ZT website. One of his 75 V6's is going to make way for the ZS passing his test. Its a pre production connie SE on an S reg!
Money isnt really much of an issue.. i have very little out goings... i dont smoke, very rarely do i go out. and i have a steady income.

I have driven quiet a number of V6's now.... Several 800's and my gramps 75 2.5 V6 and ZT-T and previous ZT 180 and also several MG Montego's.. inc a t16 turbo. i know what they are capable of and im not one that put myself and my friends if they are with me in Danger.

And theres a few young ones on here with 180's. One of the guys on the 75/zt forum is 19 and has a 260!

I wont be buying any 180.... its got to be the right car. Just like what i said with my own 110. It was the right car, even though it was very basic.

Can the discussion end on this now.... and focus on that im looking for a MK2 180 ZS

Moonshine ZS 180
Glacier ZS 180
Twilight ZT 190 SE
Sunspot ZT-T 180
Dark Fantasy 75 Tourer
Blue MG5 EV

Last edited by Stephen; 01-10-10 at 05:05 PM.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-10, 05:55 PM   #19
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post

Can the discussion end on this now.... and focus on that im looking for a MK2 180 ZS
Well said!
Old 01-10-10, 06:07 PM   #20
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Good luck with the search.

You've got a pretty tight spec, so patience may be needed.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote