theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 09-11-12, 08:34 PM   #1
Steven11

Steven11 has a spectacular aura aboutSteven11 has a spectacular aura about
What does the wife/Mrs think

My wife currently drives a 57 plate Fiat Bravo 1.4 Special Edition and she absolutly loves it.

Every time we go anywhere together obviously i drive and all she does the whole time is tear my poor Zed to shreds. She moans its to noisy inside, unacceptably bumpy, the steering is far to heavy, the sounds are s#*t, the seats are uncomfortable. basically she hates it and refuses to drive it unless she really has to. She has been moaning at me to get rid of it for years but i refuse, in 7 years ifs only broke down once and it was a coil that went. £25 and it was fixed, and believe it or not it's had 4 Mot's and never had so much as 1 advisors. its been unbelievably reliable, i just love it

Cant understand why she hates it so much, just wondered what all the other wifes/partners thought ?
Steven11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-12, 08:36 PM   #2
Lukeus101

Lukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to all
My other half has a Focus ST, and she also shares the same attitude of your partner. Mine is stupidly loud, uncomfortable by my god is it more fun to drive! The ST is fast but Id take my Zed anyday.

ZS Appreciation Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/475756782447499/

> ZR 105 (Broken) > MK2 ZS 180 (Sold) > MK1 ZS 180 (Sold) > ZR Replica (Dead) > MK1 ZS 180 (Broken)
Lukeus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-12, 09:01 PM   #3
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Mrs TC prefers her ZR160 with its noisy Janspeed over my ZS with it's mid sport powerflow but she'd normally rather go in the ZS.....

because it means I'll be driving.
Old 09-11-12, 09:02 PM   #4
KevG
2007 Focus ST2

KevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really nice
Snap, my wife drives a 09 Vauxhall Astra 1.6 Sports-hatch, she doesnt drive my car unless she really has too, but would opt to walk instead, if her car was in for a service or something!

KevG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-12, 09:05 PM   #5
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
My mrs thinks that... oh wait, I don't have a mrs!

There are some advantages to being single!!

My two kids, however, absolutely love the ZS and would rather go for a ride in my car than any other

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-12, 09:09 PM   #6
WalkerDnB

WalkerDnB has a spectacular aura aboutWalkerDnB has a spectacular aura about
My girlfriend dosent care weather Im driving the Repmobile or the zed as long as she gets a free lift lmao
maybe its only once you marry them they start moaning about the cars lol

WalkerDnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-12, 09:16 PM   #7
Dave

Dave is on a distinguished road
My wife prefers the ZS over my Modded R25.

The monaco seats in the R25 are a little too tight fitting for her, but the ones in the ZS are much more comfortable for both of us.

Overall, the ZS is preferred.

Cheers
Dave
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-12, 09:17 PM   #8
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevG View Post
Snap, my wife drives a 09 Vauxhall Astra 1.6 Sports-hatch, she doesnt drive my car unless she really has too, but would opt to walk instead, if her car was in for a service or something!
Mrs TC would use her MGF, at least I let her think it's hers.
Old 09-11-12, 09:36 PM   #9
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS View Post
My mrs thinks that... oh wait, I don't have a mrs!

There are some advantages to being single!!

My two kids, however, absolutely love the ZS and would rather go for a ride in my car than any other
Snap. My kids love it, and my ex, all she said when she first saw it was " its a bit yellow"

slightly off subject. My mum LOVES IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-12, 09:40 PM   #10
zsserbia

zsserbia will become famous soon enough
My Mrs never got used to cornering, late braking and uphill accelerating, things which driver wouldn't normally notice in everyday driving makes her feel kind of dizzy. She loves it on the motorway though...

My 4 year old son, on the contrary, loves it to bits.
zsserbia is offline   Reply With Quote