theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 15-02-19, 04:50 PM   #361
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

great fun.

even if derv is 10p per litre dearer than unleaded.

Old 15-02-19, 07:51 PM   #362
Street Elite

Street Elite is on a distinguished road
Trying to get hold of this

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F333070760635

Drew
Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-19, 07:12 PM   #363
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Looks good.

Just wonder why he had a new engine?? Plus the new engine has been rebuilt?? Might be worth asking the question.

50 mpg, seems a bit high I get around 29/30 ish but that's giving it some welly.

Can you get to Norwich and give it a drive, to see how it goes.

My one gets 158 bhp and 238 ft lbs torque with a similar set up as he has.

Good luck with it.
Old 16-02-19, 11:26 PM   #364
Street Elite

Street Elite is on a distinguished road
I think 50mpg is the book figure for the diesel. I'm not expecting that but something better than the T nasp I have atm would be nice.

I've not heard too much on engine issues so I'm not sure what could have gone wrong. Perhaps bad tuning?!

Norwich isn't close so if it ends up eBay I'll be there blind, but it's been posted on a few platforms and I've contacted the owner already.

That said it's not been easy and I'm a little unsure of the seller so I may have to pass on this one. It's a shame but I'll keep looking.

Drew
Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-19, 12:27 PM   #365
peterzs
promoted bloke!

hope you get a good one.
Old 19-02-19, 05:04 PM   #366
MG_ZS_180

MG_ZS_180 is on a distinguished road
50mpg is easily achievable with a rover 420 di which is the standard intercooled version. And that's with a vp synergy tuning box and boost turned up to 18psi.

I often get 55mpg

Connor.
MG_ZS_180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-19, 05:38 PM   #367
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Pete I don't know how you drive you ZS to only get 29/30mpg out of it.... I've had 40-45mpg out of mine consistently with the high level of tune...

I can get 30mpg out the mustang on an eco run (50mph cruise control during roadworks on the motorway)….

Drew
I'd question what the uprated turbo is/was and who has done the mapping; it'd give you more of an idea of expectations.
It looks tidy enough, although I also question what was involved in the engine rebuild and why it was required....

I've put mine though a lot of abuse, it's had a new fuel pump, and the head was ported, but nothing else on it has been changed (other than the HG a couple of times )
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-19, 09:21 PM   #368
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by p_b82 View Post
Pete I don't know how you drive you ZS to only get 29/30mpg out of it.... I've had 40-45mpg out of mine consistently with the high level of tune...

I can get 30mpg out the mustang on an eco run (50mph cruise control during roadworks on the motorway)….
That’s funny! Our Peter is not your usual old driver! He’s a right tearaway! Respect!
Old 23-02-19, 12:26 PM   #369
peterzs
promoted bloke!

Smile

I do try, with my speed control sitting beside me, but the need for speed is still there.

Long time dead, as the say.

Gotta have smoke, if you wont the poke!! Pete.

Old 27-02-19, 05:36 PM   #370
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
I do try, with my speed control sitting beside me, but the need for speed is still there.

Long time dead, as the say.

Gotta have smoke, if you wont the poke!! Pete.

That's true.... or maybe you do a lot of town miles?

I know that used to kill the ZS....

I'm hoping to have both poke and little smoke tho
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote