theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 25-01-08, 01:53 PM   #1
ThumpJunkie

Might as well...

Here's my baby, a lot of you will know the script... for those who don't, it's a ZR160 which has been off the road with HGF since July

Really need to get my finger out and get the repairs finished, but struggling for both time and funds so migth be a few more months until it's running again. Hopefully be back in time for Fast & Modified though

I must add that I sold the rally bumper yesterday (one of only 30 genuine Xpower jobbies, I might add) as it's just impractical due the suspension on the car, and I can't justify continually spending money on something just to make it look like it already did, if you get me? Standard bumper will be going back on, might invest in some smoothing eventually but TBH, other than a rear strutbrace, there's nothing on the car that I think I could improve upon right now, it's just how I want it Well, apart from the ******* HGF!!!

Anyway, enjoy the pics...

Last edited by ThumpJunkie; 25-01-08 at 01:56 PM.
Old 25-01-08, 02:02 PM   #2
ZS B19LYB

ZS B19LYB is on a distinguished road
looks nice mate u done a good job there kept it simple looks kool.
ZS B19LYB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-08, 02:07 PM   #3
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Bloody hell, never realised it had been off the road as long as that!! Is that why your breaking the 135?? To get this ane fixed up, seems a shame to pull apart thumpbuggy the beginning Still love the brm interior, though only in a brm or a red bubble i reckon
Old 25-01-08, 02:25 PM   #4
Southern Storm
I'm Zeddin It

Southern Storm is on a distinguished road
Wicked motor, really see how much you love it. Hope its back up kicking ass soon.

If you're having car problems, I feel bad for you son.
I got 99 problems but my Zed aint one!

A labour of love but never a problem.
Southern Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-08, 02:54 PM   #5
ThumpJunkie

Thanks for the comments folks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
Bloody hell, never realised it had been off the road as long as that!! Is that why your breaking the 135?? To get this ane fixed up, seems a shame to pull apart thumpbuggy the beginning Still love the brm interior, though only in a brm or a red bubble i reckon
Nah I'm breaking the 135 to pay my brother back! He loaned me the money to buy the 160 you see

Was originally planning to sell the 135 last summer, but because the 160's been out of action I've had no choice but to drive it, resulting in EVERYTHING going wrong with it. Would be lucky if I got £2500 for it
Old 25-01-08, 02:55 PM   #6
Glen290

Glen290 is on a distinguished road
As nice as the rally bumper is, think you done the right thing going back to standard.
Get it smoothed and it will look ace..
Why is it taking so long to get your hgf fixed.

www.bowluk.com
Glen290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-08, 04:27 PM   #7
ThumpJunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen290 View Post
As nice as the rally bumper is, think you done the right thing going back to standard.
Get it smoothed and it will look ace..
Why is it taking so long to get your hgf fixed.
Combination of time and money mate... did most of it myself, but I suspect my brother turned the crank with the head off - although he won't admit to it - so instead of putting it back together and risking it I'm either going to have to get someone to reseal the piston liners, or, worst case scenarion, get a new engine
Old 25-01-08, 05:11 PM   #8
RalphG

RalphG is on a distinguished road
As an alternative to the rally bumper, I can probably get hold of a brand new BRM front bumper. Its already sprayed green/silver/orange, but you could spray it to match your car.

By how much do those who have gained by war fall short of the number of those who have perished in it? No doubt you will reply that there can be no comparison, that the dead cannot be numbered, while the living who have been rewarded may be summed up with three figures.
RalphG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-08, 06:01 PM   #9
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Sounds to me as if it is getting its own back from when the buggy was last up for sale!

Look at it this way, you still have it and while you do, it can only get better when the work is done.
Old 25-01-08, 08:36 PM   #10
ThumpJunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMS Ltd. View Post
As an alternative to the rally bumper, I can probably get hold of a brand new BRM front bumper. Its already sprayed green/silver/orange, but you could spray it to match your car.
No thanks mate, would be taking a major step back from the ZR styling.