AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 09-10-11, 09:26 PM   #11
After_Shock

After_Shock is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
Surprised to hear you whinging about the ride when you've got a Porsche in the garage ! That's got to be harder !
Oh nd dont mention the Porsche its full of electrical gremlins, costs a bloody fortune to get anything done on it so its off the road and out of my memory lol
After_Shock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-11, 05:40 AM   #12
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
The ride shouldn't be that hard, have you compared it to another one?
Old 10-10-11, 06:18 PM   #13
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
I dont think the ride is as harsh as you say it is, especially compared to newer cars.

I drive a company motor, Skoda Superb its a long saloon car designed for familys or whatever, its the se model so not sport, and i tell you that thing clashes about like you would not belive. its far harsher than the ZS.

Another option you could do is buy some coilovers, you could dial out all of the problems you have
Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-11, 10:42 PM   #14
andy666

andy666 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by After_Shock View Post
After getting the car the other week ive finally got around to using it a couple of times recently, lovely and smooth and drives perfectly however I cant get comfortable in it, regardless what do to the seat just cant get it right.

Went on a 100mile or so round trip this weekend for a wedding and as nice as it is my back is now driving me mad, and thats before I get to the major problem, the ride quality. Ive had some stiff cars over the years, even a couple on coilovers but this just takes the biscuit. Im convinced a tooth that is now hurting is from the harsh ride quality! Maybes im just getting old or too used to driving Volvo's I dont know but I cant live with it day in day out which is what I need.

So majorly regrettably in some ways its going up for sale. I was planning on keeping it and making a trackday special out of it, but id be stupid to destroy such a nice example, will just buy something much cheaper and in worse condition next year for that role.

Thanks to all who welcomed me on here been good whilst was on and I will probs be back next year asking how to strip the insides out of another one!

Will get an ad up in the classifieds by the end of tonight.
Can you not give it a couple of weeks ? Just to see if you can get used to it . I came out of a Citroen Xantia estate (yeah ok bring on the mickey taking !) into my ZS so you can imagine the difference in ride quality but after a couple of weeks i was used to it . As for the seat I dont know chap but i have my seat slightly more forwards than what i would normally and i find it very comfortable but we are all different ! If it comes to it hope the sale goes ok .
Old 11-10-11, 07:58 AM   #15
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
I have had mine for 6.5 years or so and am not exactly young and have back problems. It runs on 18s, has coilovers and hard Forza buckets, I cope with it and use it for work, 70 miles a day. Man up!

Seriously, shame it's come to this but surprised I must say as I wouldn't say it was that bad from standard.
Old 11-10-11, 08:58 AM   #16
zsserbia

zsserbia will become famous soon enough
As said, I don't think the ride is so hard. Try and give it a chance, you may find a comfortable driving position and get used to it.
zsserbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-11, 07:00 PM   #17
After_Shock

Have been using the car for the last few days to go to and from work, no other driving just commuting.

Personally I could probably just and it is a just live with the ride quality on the commute, the main roads are fine but the country road stretch I have to do is a ball ache with the bouncing. Joking apart it is probably as hard as the Porsche but the porsche seems to deal with the same bumps much better, no bounce in it really where the MG doesnt seem to absorb it as well.

However I still cant get the seat/steering wheel right for me and then the problem of the other half comes into it again, she wont let it go so ive got no choice im afraid.

Potentially have agreed a deal on another car tonight so need it gone. Will reduce the price and hope it gets some interest, gonna lose money on it but always do with cars!!
Old 12-10-11, 12:32 AM   #18
zsserbia

zsserbia will become famous soon enough
Yeap, ZS is one of the best when it comes to road feedback. It's a blessing in bends, being so predictable and always knowing when you're going too fast, so you really know it's actual limit before anything goes wrong. With porsche you'll have to assume before it's to late.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02x7Mgw0Few @ 3:20 you'll see what I mean

Unfortunately, being right for the track doesn't necessarily make it right for commuting. Still, as long as it doesn't hurt my back or crack my nuts I prefer to hate the road being uncomfortable rather than my Zed...
zsserbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-11, 06:35 AM   #19
After_Shock

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsserbia View Post
Yeap, ZS is one of the best when it comes to road feedback. It's a blessing in bends, being so predictable and always knowing when you're going too fast, so you really know it's actual limit before anything goes wrong. With porsche you'll have to assume before it's to late.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02x7Mgw0Few @ 3:20 you'll see what I mean

Unfortunately, being right for the track doesn't necessarily make it right for commuting. Still, as long as it doesn't hurt my back or crack my nuts I prefer to hate the road being uncomfortable rather than my Zed...
Fully agree, the steering is probably the best ive felt in any car, lotus elise included its feedback is fantastic and unbelievably direct. Hence id still like to get another one of these for trackdays next year.
Old 23-10-11, 09:16 AM   #20
After_Shock

Sold it to an enthusiast of them, his mate came with him who already owns one and he said the ride on mine was quite soft compared to his, god knows how hard his is then!

Anyways I will be back next year for a MK1 track day toy.