theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 09-07-20, 10:00 PM   #1
Bakermgzs

Bakermgzs is a jewel in the roughBakermgzs is a jewel in the roughBakermgzs is a jewel in the rough
Mg zs v6

Hi all it's been very long time since I was on the site. Just thought I'd come have look around and see if I could upload a fuw picture of the car as there has been a lot changes since I was last here. Could someone point me in the right direction of being able to upload some pictures as I am very bad with computers. Many thanks
Bakermgzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-20, 10:43 PM   #2
Bakermgzs

Bakermgzs is a jewel in the roughBakermgzs is a jewel in the roughBakermgzs is a jewel in the rough
Sorted on my album now
Old 10-07-20, 04:20 PM   #3
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Looking very tidy. I guess with being charged is why it’s in hibernation, stops the temptation of hooning it!
Old 10-07-20, 10:27 PM   #4
Bakermgzs

I do suppose that is a little part yes lol. Iv just put to much money love time sweet and tears for someone to come and spank me up the bum or some jealous ****** decides to scratch it. And I live in block flats to many fools around here.
Old 11-07-20, 11:11 PM   #5
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
I don’t blame you on that front.
Old 12-07-20, 02:04 PM   #6
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

shame you have to think like that, so many idiots about now.

A bit like the TF I always park away from everything in car parks, but every time I wash or polish it, I come across new dinks.

Trouble is there is no rubbing strip like we have on the ZS's, they seem to protect the bodywork.

Good you have kept with the car.

Old 14-07-20, 07:55 AM   #7
stamford
Site Owner

Still got the TF then Pete. There are times I miss our F but not getting in and especially vacating it!
Old 14-07-20, 03:15 PM   #8
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Yep still going strong, love the free-revving 160 VVC motor.

So different from the derv and its 4,600 red line.

Both go about the same, but the handling of the ZS is so much better and I have never managed to scare myself in the ZS. The TF on the other hand, giving it some wellie on the M3 heading back to Bournemouth just after the A34 junction, a few gentle curves and I started to get a bit concerned. Kept my foot down and was glad when the road straightened out. It did feel like it was getting a bit light on the front end.

Old 14-07-20, 10:32 PM   #9
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
You're not trying hard enough Pete. One of the rear track rods on my F (on TF subframes) was slightly loose meaning the rear geometry could change mid way through a bend, that was, um, interesting.
Old 15-07-20, 08:49 PM   #10
peterzs
promoted bloke!

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
You're not trying hard enough Pete. One of the rear track rods on my F (on TF subframes) was slightly loose meaning the rear geometry could change mid way through a bend, that was, um, interesting.
Change of pants time, I expect.

When I first had the TF I was sitting at some traffic lights, the road was a dual carriageway leading into a roundabout. An audi came up on the offside and you get a feeling when they want to play. Anyway the lights changed and the TF surprised the audi and I made it to the roundabout first. Most of the traffic goes straight on and that was the lane I was in. Hit the brakes and the car jinked a bit but got round OK. The audi then sat up my bum for about a mile till I turned off. he was not a happy bunny.

Turned out my brake servo was not working and that was giving me the bad braking. The ZS is spot on and I put on new disks and pads all round on the TF, as I knew they were not right.

In the end a MOT failed the servo so I got it changed. I kept on testing the servo by pumping the brakes with the engine off and holding the pedal down. Then started the car and the pedal moved down, I always thought this confirmed the servo was working. When fitting the new servo, I got the garage to fit a bulkhead/servo strengthening bracket as well. Now stops as it should.

They are fun cars and go well, but for a long journey cannot match the ZS,