theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 06-02-12, 07:00 PM   #91
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
well thats the turbo back and installed.

lovely jovely a superb job by Wilky over on rovertech and a fantastic price came in at 260 delivered in the end.

the good news is no more blue smoke so quite chuffed to be honest. the shaft had no movement at all compared to when it left

Tax this week get the new discs and pads installed and then get it tidy'd for the show on the 19th

might get the wheels refurbed too but I am toying with a pair of team dynamics pro race 3 with great clearance of the calipers.
Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-12, 07:07 PM   #92
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Good to hear it's coming together, sounds like you have some work to do.
stamford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-12, 07:32 PM   #93
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
lots of long term plans i suppose the basis is there, next for me is a oil cooler as the std one isnt brilliant oh and some track action
Old 06-02-12, 07:42 PM   #94
Quadcam24

Quadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the rough
sounds good ross.
Quadcam24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-12, 09:55 PM   #95
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Sounds a good deal, keep the boost down till after the 19th!!!
Old 07-02-12, 06:12 PM   #96
Quadcam24

Quadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the rough
did you take it for a spin ross when the turbo went back on ?

it used to stand for short periods when i had it , and that first drive each time i got it out, was always just mind blowing fun.
Old 07-02-12, 07:55 PM   #97
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

only around the yard to get some heat into the turbo... not driven it since december sometime lol...

am away on business to Paris tommorow until friday night so wont get to tax it untill next week and take it for a blat then
Old 07-02-12, 09:08 PM   #98
Quadcam24

be great if you could do us a vid....sounds like a jet on full boost doesnt it ,lol
Old 17-02-12, 08:53 PM   #99
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcam24 View Post
surprised to hear the turbo wasn't quite up to scratch spec wise !
i wonder what kind of life it had when i sold it, it was running 1.4 bar which isnt mega high tbh, bdm told me it would run 1.6 bar all day no probs.
well its running around 1.5 bar on my recent tests. feck its fast. still not got a speedo or rev counter but I can roughly tell.

finished a few bits over the past few days, new brakes = done, heater finally installed, cleaned the engine bay, cleaned the car, cleaned the inside ready for sundays show. few bits and bobs to do tommorow but not got much time to be honest as busy.

must look into some cheaper track day tires as road tyres are not fantastic until 3rd gear to be honest, I am sure second was ok with r888's. they are £170 each now... have look at a kuhmo track day tire thats £130 in soft, medium and hard compound so might give them a try
Old 17-02-12, 09:00 PM   #100
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Looking forward to seeing the beastie.