AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 28-08-12, 07:33 PM   #11
Steven11

Steven11 has a spectacular aura aboutSteven11 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerDnB View Post
Are you sure it wasn't a punto gt turbo?
Ive had a good go with a Audi A3 2.0T
neck and neck untill I started to reel him in (this is on a private road of course)
Even at that though, ide like to think ide wipe the floor with it. And i know what you mean about the Audi's. I was side by side with a 2.0T A4 at about
135 -140 mph up at loch lomond. The roads are so straight up there you really can streach the Zed's legs.

Dony really know if i should be admitting that but what the he ll
Steven11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-12, 07:47 PM   #12
WalkerDnB

WalkerDnB has a spectacular aura aboutWalkerDnB has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven11 View Post
Even at that though, ide like to think ide wipe the floor with it. And i know what you mean about the Audi's. I was side by side with a 2.0T A4 at about
135 -140 mph up at loch lomond. The roads are so straight up there you really can streach the Zed's legs.

Dony really know if i should be admitting that but what the he ll
If it beat you then I doubt it was standard can see 200bhp out of them with a turbo intercooler and a remap
If were playing with 200bhp audi's then I doubt a 134bhp Punto would be to much trouble

And I wouldn't worry this aint the sort of site the law will be watching
no ones talking about Hams Hall (YouTube it)
WalkerDnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-12, 07:55 PM   #13
Stev180

Stev180 is on a distinguished road
The shame of it is that I didnt get to play with many cars during the journey at all, at most a VW Scirocco and a Saab 93 (both diesels) but did a mixture of driving/speeds and its a great car.

I should add I have only owned the 180 since Jan this year and have only been fortunate to take it long distance a few times.

Last edited by Stev180; 28-08-12 at 07:57 PM.
Stev180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-12, 08:28 PM   #14
Steven11

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerDnB View Post
If it beat you then I doubt it was standard can see 200bhp out of them with a turbo intercooler and a remap
If were playing with 200bhp audi's then I doubt a 134bhp Punto would be to much trouble

And I wouldn't worry this aint the sort of site the law will be watching
no ones talking about Hams Hall (YouTube it)
Ill tell you what from a standing start they we things go like stink. It did have a dump valve and an exhaust but if was a rusty old pice of crap.

Could have been moded but cant say for sure
Old 28-08-12, 08:46 PM   #15
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
usually clock up the miles a lot driving to dorset, then wales then back, never did it this year but last few years,
Old 28-08-12, 09:01 PM   #16
Steven11

My friends and i love mountain biking so we try and head up to Fort William at least once a year and stay in a camp site over the weekend. And i dont mean to sound sad but half the fun for me is filling my tank (about £70) and just opening the car up on all the big sweeping corrners and huge straights. Dont get a chance to do it to often now (kids) but when i finally get the car to myself i take full advantage, and love every minute of it.
Old 28-08-12, 09:53 PM   #17
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
The Zeds are best on windy roads. Before my ex moved, she used to live in a small village just past Alton Towers. The last 30 miles once you came off the A500 and had to go over the peak district mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, great roads........Still nothing can touch it round the bends.
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-12, 10:16 PM   #18
Steven11

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona365 View Post
The Zeds are best on windy roads. Before my ex moved, she used to live in a small village just past Alton Towers. The last 30 miles once you came off the A500 and had to go over the peak district mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, great roads........Still nothing can touch it round the bends.
Had a scary a hell incident with a 2003 TF when i first past my test at 17. Worked for Arnold Clark and was driving the TF round a long corner and never noticed a big puddle in the middle of it. As soon as i hit the puddle the back stepped out on me and being 17 with no experience i paniced, spun, hit a wall which through me into a metal railing which i spun through 5 times. When i finaly came to a stand still the car was in pieces. That was the longest walk ever back to the dealership to tell my boss i had wrecked the car.

Ever since then ive never had much condidence in the twisties and i condem and would burn every rear wheel drive car on the road. Ive decided ill stick to open straight roads

Would love to learn how to do all that siddy ways stuff but just dont have the confidence after what happened.
Old 28-08-12, 10:54 PM   #19
andys1981

andys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven11 View Post
Had a scary a hell incident with a 2003 TF when i first past my test at 17. Worked for Arnold Clark and was driving the TF round a long corner and never noticed a big puddle in the middle of it. As soon as i hit the puddle the back stepped out on me and being 17 with no experience i paniced, spun, hit a wall which through me into a metal railing which i spun through 5 times. When i finaly came to a stand still the car was in pieces. That was the longest walk ever back to the dealership to tell my boss i had wrecked the car.

Ever since then ive never had much condidence in the twisties and i condem and would burn every rear wheel drive car on the road. Ive decided ill stick to open straight roads

Would love to learn how to do all that siddy ways stuff but just dont have the confidence after what happened.
dinnae blame you mate,once bitten twice shy eh
andys1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-12, 11:11 PM   #20
Lukeus101

Lukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to all
Been a busy bee then stev my boy?

ZS Appreciation Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/475756782447499/

> ZR 105 (Broken) > MK2 ZS 180 (Sold) > MK1 ZS 180 (Sold) > ZR Replica (Dead) > MK1 ZS 180 (Broken)
Lukeus101 is offline   Reply With Quote