theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 14-07-15, 01:33 PM   #251
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Well quick update - hoicked the test injectors out after just the one test run - they were just too much to live with day to day on the current setup.

got an message back from Ade that next week he hopes to get on with the last of the manifold creation, clocking my turbo, and jigging a downpipe....

So the metal parts will be 90% done soon... so it will just need the oil feed/return sorted, and the one of those is being done by Ade - so will be ready to go on the car soon.

New brakes needed, wheels need a refurb and maybe a switch to progressive springs, but almost there for the car.... (which is good as I am going to get myself another toy later in the year and ditch the fester)

I'll run it on the standard injectors for a little while, then book in a weekend up go up north and get it remapped with the new injectors (might be getting them compared against a known upgrade in the mean time to see the flow comparisons)

So while things are going slowly, progress is being made...
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-15, 01:49 PM   #252
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
No point in rushing things! My work in progress is still going..........10 years on

Looking forward to seeing the results.
Old 14-07-15, 07:18 PM   #253
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
No point in rushing things! My work in progress is still going..........10 years on
The best cars are never finished.
talkingcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-15, 08:57 PM   #254
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Good to see its still being worked on.

Good Luck

Old 14-07-15, 09:38 PM   #255
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Well true I might need to strip the interior to get rid of the squeaks and rattles, and the 'screen needs to come out for I think a 4th time now as it is leaking (again)......

but another guy has got a similar turbo with the same manifold and has been thrashing the nuts off his car, with no adverse effects to date, so hopefully this turbo should be the answer to the HG issues.... Another of similar size has just done 7000+ road trip miles - so finally I am starting to feel less nervous about this!

Aiming to crack 200bhp - 240 will be the max, but I doubt we'll get there, so somewhere inbetween should get some bragging rights... downside, probably not going to be get finished until Sept onwards now... and I will be too petrified to use it on the road as scared she'll get written off or summit lol.

I'll have to learn how to use all the pedal travel again - been second nature now for so long!

Can't believe quite how the journey has gone over the past 11.5years - but the end does look in sight!
Dieselpowered
AMW Motorsports
Old 15-07-15, 10:34 PM   #256
ZS Phil

ZS Phil has a spectacular aura aboutZS Phil has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by p_b82 View Post
(might be getting them compared against a known upgrade in the mean time to see the flow comparisons)
Is this what we discussed on facebook? If so, I'm back home now, spanners at the ready.
Old 07-09-15, 11:08 AM   #257
p_b82
Site Supporter

Right so bit of an update, and it is Sept already some-how!

Due to circumstances outside of my control, Ade needed soem time away from work, and so the pipework was delayed, but it should be completed this week.

that will be almost everything needed to bolt the turbo onto the ZS with the oil feed lightly fettling, as the return is being done by Ade....

So that is custom exhaust manifold, turbo clocked, and downpipe to fit to the standard cat location, and an oil return.....

just getting a controller made and sent to me, and then new set of brembodge disks, and it can be booked in to have it all put together... finally!

Oh and to fix the water leak from the windscreen.... not been ideal this past few weeks down my way....

Been a long wait, but I am now starting to get excited, as it looks like I am going to be at stage one of the final process.....

next will be injector swap, remap/dyno session to see what we've got numbers wise..
Dieselpowered
AMW Motorsports
Old 07-09-15, 11:36 AM   #258
Rockey5uk2001

Rockey5uk2001 has a spectacular aura aboutRockey5uk2001 has a spectacular aura about
Just read this build thread from start to finish!

What a roller coaster of a thread this has been! excited to see the finished product!
Rockey5uk2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-15, 04:10 PM   #259
p_b82
Site Supporter

Yeah it has been nuts, 2 failed relationships, moved house 1.5 times, and will end up with a paperweight at the end of it all the same... ah well, needs must!

just noticed my MOT is due soon as well, so the car might be going to Matt sooner rather than later.... just as well got second car still!
Dieselpowered
AMW Motorsports
Old 07-09-15, 05:44 PM   #260
ZS Phil

ZS Phil has a spectacular aura aboutZS Phil has a spectacular aura about
Exciting times

Make sure you get loads of pics of the turbo install. Can't wait to see what power it runs.

My TD is currently SORN in the garage with a load of cardboard underneath it acting as an incontinence pad.
The 330D is fine but I miss driving a ZS daily sooooo much.