theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 29-03-17, 08:15 PM   #281
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
What is so special about this controller?
Judging by the time it takes to make I'm guessing it is grown by Peruvian lama farmers in lama dung.
Old 06-04-17, 03:55 PM   #282
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
As to answer why it is so special, it is a geniune VNT controller that modern diesel's use.

it has been custom built, to tap into TPS, MAP and a whole host of other sensors to to drive the vanes in a "proper" fashion, rather than as a response to boost - which is what the Dark Ice or Arduino versions essentially do.

The issues as to the delays are some-what complicated - I understand them and the circumstances but it doesn't help.

I have however managed to get things moving on one side slowly....

I'll be fitting the turbo & manifold - worst case we run it as a fixed vane turbo with the hard stops set and normal boost control for the actuator - this way the car actually gets to be used and I don't strip/scrap it...

Maybe there is some life left in the project....

And Phil - the other car is the one that has been used to test this version of the controller, it has had a number of issues of it's own, and currently is underfuelled with just SDI's - hence no Dyno prints as we know the limits of those.
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-17, 11:41 AM   #283
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
So I am going to be very careful what I am writing here, but it appears that I've got a serious issue with the car other than just delays waiting for bits and pieces to fit it together.

It is always something outside of my control with this fecking car; really getting fed up of it all....
Dieselpowered
AMW Motorsports
Old 06-07-17, 12:48 PM   #284
Drew

Drew has a spectacular aura aboutDrew has a spectacular aura about
Oh dear. That doesn't sound good. Hope it works out for you.

Drew
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-17, 12:55 PM   #285
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Oh. Guess there are forces working against you by the sounds of it.
Old 06-07-17, 02:51 PM   #286
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
When I heard the news I didn't even give your car a second thought... but now you have pointed it out I can see why you have an issue!! What are you planning to do? Can you get the car back as it is?

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-17, 04:05 PM   #287
p_b82
Site Supporter

It's got no tax or MOT, so not roadworthy - but in theory should go through, unless it has developed other issues while being sat for so long outside!

But it's not started for 18months battery's probably flat at least...

I've not got space to get a car on a trailer for my drive, nor do i have a tow-car or a trailer...

So when I get my hands on it, I've then got to decide to either bring it home, find some-one to get it through a MOT as is and then work out options re: fitting parts.... (assuming they are all in it still and not stashed elsewhere in the workshop)

Also don't know where I stand about collecting it now either - I guess I could just turn up and collect it, but doubt it is that simple legally now, and that would leave the issue of one of the keys/fobs.... meh....

Doesn't help I'm still in the states when some-one let me know the news - and was a bit delayed as was camping with no phone signal...
Dieselpowered
AMW Motorsports
Old 06-07-17, 07:31 PM   #288
ZS Phil

ZS Phil has a spectacular aura aboutZS Phil has a spectacular aura about
What's the news?
Old 06-07-17, 08:21 PM   #289
Drew

Drew has a spectacular aura aboutDrew has a spectacular aura about
Where is it then? I'm sure people on here can help organise something.

Drew
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-17, 08:25 PM   #290
p_b82
Site Supporter

It's at his workshop near silverstone if it was where I last saw it anyway!
Dieselpowered
AMW Motorsports