theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 22-12-12, 11:10 AM   #11
welshone

welshone is just really nicewelshone is just really nicewelshone is just really nicewelshone is just really nicewelshone is just really nice
Get rid of all four and buy a nice Hatch mk2 ZS for the Mrs and a nice mk2 ZS saloon for yourself
MG ZS 180 Saloon Starlight Silver - 2003 Current

MG ZS TD Saloon XPower Grey 2004 Gone
MG ZS 180 Saloon Trophy Blue 2003 Gone
Rover BRM Gone
welshone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-12, 11:12 AM   #12
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Sure Ben will find some cheap suspension bits!!!!!

Have to ask MGF reborn about the emission fix.
Old 22-12-12, 11:44 AM   #13
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
Emmisions may be the upstrean oxygen sensor if it isnt the cat, whats the fail for on the emmisions? High HC or high CO?
Tbh if the body is still okay on the zs id continue with it depending on what the oil leak is
Old 22-12-12, 01:05 PM   #14
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
I don't want to get rid of the F, it's a great little driver and at 34k it's hardly run in, the condition of it is good except for this suspension leak and the emisson problem, it's got new brakes all round, alcantra, hoops etc.

It took us all over europe last summer without missing a beat.

Mrs TC is scared of driving the T16 anyway and I don't think she'd let me get rid of the F.

Cash isn't a problem, spending it is - LOL.

I think you have answered your own issue there really James, keep the F & the Z and just sort the few things out on the zs. Keep going with your projects on the zs and carry on enjoying it as you know what's what with it.

Like your advice to me when I was having the same worries the other month about changing up in size, I've stuck with the zs now and although minor teething issues at present I'm glad I did as still everytime I turn the key I grin knowing I'm going to enjoy the drive again
Old 22-12-12, 02:47 PM   #15
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by welshone View Post
Get rid of all four and buy a nice Hatch mk2 ZS for the Mrs and a nice mk2 ZS saloon for yourself
That wont happen, she wont let me sell 3 of them, ZR is hers, she chose it, she paid for it, she loves it, the F was a present to her and she paid for the engine converstion on the T16.

And she thinks the ZS is too big.
Old 22-12-12, 02:57 PM   #16
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchy View Post
Emmisions may be the upstrean oxygen sensor if it isnt the cat, whats the fail for on the emmisions? High HC or high CO?
Tbh if the body is still okay on the zs id continue with it depending on what the oil leak is
In 2011 I replaced everything on the exhaust from the manifold gasket to the tips with new parts except the manifold that I refurburished.

In 2012 after it failed I replaced the new cat with another even though the other one was only a year old, generic ones are only £30.

That should just leave the probe which is a pain to reach unless the car is in the air, I've bought one but not fitted it.

IIRC the lambda reading refused to get up to .97.
Old 22-12-12, 03:03 PM   #17
talkingcars

Forgot to add to the first post that she doesn't like starting when cold, a coil pack or something is on the way out.
Old 23-12-12, 11:48 AM   #18
talkingcars

And after I post this thread, read the replys, get myself to thinking that keep the cars I have and spend the money on them and then 2 interesting mk2's come up!

Could I justify adding another car to my accumulation?
Old 23-12-12, 12:16 PM   #19
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
And after I post this thread, read the replys, get myself to thinking that keep the cars I have and spend the money on them and then 2 interesting mk2's come up!

Could I justify adding another car to my accumulation?
That is your call and yours alone. I struggle to get the time to drive my ZS. Can you share your time, and more importantly the funds between so many cars ?
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-12, 10:41 AM   #20
talkingcars

So here is the plan -

Arrange for the F to go to MJS's place in Shoreham to sort the suspension and MOT (need to ask him first).

Tax it and push it into service.

Replace the O/S/F caliper and fit the braided hoses I've had for years on the ZS.

Then take the ZS down there so he can cure the oil leak, and bleed the brakes.

I have ordered replacment brand new handles (and LEDs ) which will need painting once they have arrived.

Once the Zed is back I can finish the bits on the F, apollo induction/52mm TB/cruise control/remote audio.

I shall keep my eyes open for cheap LSD and flywheel for the ZS so when the CV does fail I can get all 3 done at the same time.

I also have an eye on a roof for the F at a decent price.

At some point I'll need to refit the skirts, replace one of the re seats as it doesn't fold and finish wiring the door handle LEDs on the ZR to keep Mrs TC happy

and once the F is on the road I am allowed to bring the maestro home as long as I wash it first, I can then draw up a list of what needs doing and do it.