theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 14-03-13, 09:10 PM   #21
andys1981

andys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the rough
nice one mate,looks a nice bike,dunno much about them,but im sure you do,a 750 will shift though im sure,always wanted to have a shot of a bike to see what its like,had a shot of a moped lol
andys1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-13, 08:37 PM   #22
BUCKYDEVIL

BUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud of
Now the project begins, Bike arrived on Fri and I had to fit in what I could whilst working over Wkend.
Stripped down Fairings to see exactly what Ive bought and look for any Horror Ive not noticed in viewing. [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Good news is No rust or Miss alignment from previous riders small off, forks & seal all good, Shock and steering damper all good.
Bonus items, R&G chainguard,New Galfer discs,Goodridge braided brake hoses front & rear
[IMG][/IMG]
Bad news, as suspected fairings had a few stickers put on to hide battle scars, just scuffs n scrapes, no cracks.
Doing this on a budget with what I would usually blow on beer money or Bookies so as ive now stuck 2 new Michelin pilot sports tyres, replaced clutch & brake levers, oil & filter changed, air filter ordered, brake pads ordered so now Im pumped till payday
3 weeks away- Bollox-
Gonna spend 3 weeks sanding fairings of all paint and looking to aim for more modern colour scheme, Like this [IMG][/IMG]
BUCKYDEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-13, 08:42 PM   #23
grimmy
its ginger its phenomenal

grimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud of
gies a shot
Old 01-04-13, 08:48 PM   #24
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Looks in pretty good shape from the pics, just want to watch the electrics my ate had a nightmare with his, although that may be down to him

Paint scheme looks very nice!

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-13, 08:49 PM   #25
sneekyparrot

sneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the rough
Gsxr 750

Lookin good m8, sorry I meant to mail
You a while back to say it looks Like have a good find there.
Watch out if u start swapping out end cans!
Check front and rear wheel bearings along with suspension linkage, common areas for over tightening!
These spend time on the rear wheel so the head stock can take a battering!

Try to go with the softest tyres u can afford if its only for fun, this is a proper knee / boot down tool ! Oh and get yourself on a track day they are far more fun than the road and not as dangerous!

Both me and j have way to many scars and broken bones, all from the road!

Any questions mail me.

Think I still got a manual on cd somewhere.

Cheers
Paul
Old 01-04-13, 08:53 PM   #26
BUCKYDEVIL

BUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimmy View Post
gies a shot
Fek off, your daft enough with 4 wheels
wouldnt give you a shot of Bethanys scooter..
Might need your help with rear brake pal, had pads stuck against disc so stripped down cleaned rebuilt them & Hooray!! pads where free from disc

Hooray !! short lived as feckin piston wouldnt go back in with pedal applied.
might just be not bled properly.
Old 01-04-13, 09:02 PM   #27
BUCKYDEVIL

Cheers for input Paul will take that all on board, I know about carbs being unsettled by some aftermarket cans so will be looking for something close to original.
I got the Haynes Manual from a download
Track day might be a good idea before I get my fairings painted, and Knockhill is just up the road..
Old 01-04-13, 09:19 PM   #28
grimmy
its ginger its phenomenal

grimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCKYDEVIL View Post
Fek off, your daft enough with 4 wheels
wouldnt give you a shot of Bethanys scooter..
Might need your help with rear brake pal, had pads stuck against disc so stripped down cleaned rebuilt them & Hooray!! pads where free from disc

Hooray !! short lived as feckin piston wouldnt go back in with pedal applied.
might just be not bled properly.
he he nae worries.
Old 07-04-13, 08:07 PM   #29
BUCKYDEVIL

Todays work was new filter & plugs, much needed as both are Boggin
Was a doddle as bike is still stripped down.
[IMG][/IMG]
Nasty surprise was when I removed headlight to find that mounts are smashed on the rear, snapped bits are all there though so Im gonna try to see if it will easy repair with glue before option 2 of new headlight.
using glue to put bits in place then drill tiny holes around the broken plastic and finally surround with a 2 part epoxy resin - need these mounts to be solid as they pretty much support front headlights & nose fairing
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-04-13, 08:11 PM   #30
sneekyparrot

sneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the rough
Gsxr 750

You may need to strip the sticking caliper and either new seal kit or rebuild using red rubber lube. The 6 pots on the front can be a ****** for it also. I had a brand new pair but they sat for a while and had to strip and lube the seals twice on one side before the pistons worked properly :-/

P.