theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 19-08-13, 10:28 AM   #131
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Yea but thinking about it again it was nice when it was lighter but a tad noisy! I don't need the rear doors
Old 19-08-13, 10:41 AM   #132
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Yea but thinking about it again it was nice when it was lighter but a tad noisy! I don't need the rear doors
Reduce weight eh?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgKvDw1E60E

Three part video (other two parts are linked at the end) on DIY creating a Carbon Bonnet...

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-13, 02:10 PM   #133
redzed

redzed has a spectacular aura aboutredzed has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillen View Post

I want to see these arches and clearance!
See if I can lower mine or not.

I had a mad thought last night that I should just start cutting the metal away and hiding it with the body kit haha!
That's what I've done on my track zed. Cut the metal away behind the plastic arch and fiberglassed under the arch. Works fine, I've even has spacers on my btcc wheels and it didn't rub.
Old 28-06-15, 06:45 AM   #134
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Bit of an update.

Alcantara has already gone and stripped permanently this time! Currently have a Corbeau Club Sport fibreglass bucket seat. Spent yesterday on the zed. Removed the AVO coilovers and fitting a set of GAZ in their place, got some setting up to do. I was worried about this as the AVO set up was superb so need to replicate this on the GAZ. First test was aweful, too soft and bouncy! Adjusted the rear upper arms a little. Also fitted the BuddyClub adjustable front upper arms, got some setting up there as well. Also got a set of polybushed front lower arms to clean, paint and fit.

Might spend some time this morning doing some adjustments to get it where I want it, however feeling a little stiff after yesterdays work, oh the signs of getting old!
Old 28-06-15, 11:01 AM   #135
splinter

splinter has a spectacular aura aboutsplinter has a spectacular aura about
Sounds fun lol

Are you likely to get her out on track this year? Would be interested in seeing how it works and your thoughts
splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-15, 11:44 AM   #136
Deckz

Deckz is on a distinguished road
Coilovers you say………… lol
Deckz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-15, 01:44 PM   #137
stamford
Site Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by splinter View Post
Sounds fun lol

Are you likely to get her out on track this year? Would be interested in seeing how it works and your thoughts
I may towards the end of the year. Got the wife's 50th after christmas so more expense to plan for! Next year will be better planned for track days! The last one I did the handling was spot on, it was the brakes that let me down but that area is now well sorted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckz View Post
Coilovers you say………… lol
Yes, at long last
Old 28-06-15, 04:31 PM   #138
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Looking forward to seeing it, where it should be, MG's on Track at Goodwood!!

Old 10-09-15, 10:41 AM   #139
stamford
Site Owner

I was asked about the zed's spec and as this one has been work in progress over the last 10+ years I guess I ought to list the work done. There have been various threads in various sections over the years but nothing in one thread. Nothing like some have done but I ain't finished yet!

I'll update this as I go as I know I have a list on the home pc with what's been done.
Old 10-07-16, 07:01 AM   #140
stamford
Site Owner

Thought I had better do some updates. Well the zed is sorned and as it is having starting issues I have just left it. It's not looking happy but life is throwing other things at me which are more important than the car.

• The dash is currently undergoing some gauge mods to liven it up a bit, so there's the usual wiring and plumbing to sort out.
  • Induction kit has been removed and due to the piping issues at the last trackday and having to use tank tape to repair I have deiced to do something different. So plans are to relocate the battery back to where it was before, inside the cabin. Then use the space where the battery was to mount the BMC and keep it away from the radiator. Get some alloy pipes and new hoses as the current ones are looking tired and soft.
  • Look to remove the aircon system and pump and anything else that's wasting away.
  • Remove the sound deadening material. Think that'll be the old fashioned way as no idea where I would get my hands on dry ice.
  • The biggest job is to cut the wheels arches out and up and fabricate some wider arches similar to the national hotrods and those I used to fit when racing on the ovals. Given up with the BTCC route as that seems pretty dead now. Would like to do this as per the BTCC but requires alot of mods and work to copy it.