theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 06-07-13, 01:54 PM   #51
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Must be feeling loads better!!!!

Left me knackered just reading it!!

Well done, specially in this heat!!

Old 06-07-13, 03:08 PM   #52
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Having these bits to do have turned out to be good for you I think pal... Good effort...
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-13, 03:26 PM   #53
redzed

redzed has a spectacular aura aboutredzed has a spectacular aura about
What offset you get for the wheels? Theyre 9inch wide ones right? Get some pics up!
Old 06-07-13, 03:49 PM   #54
grimmy
its ginger its phenomenal

grimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud of
Top work Mick.getting right in about it good man.
Old 06-07-13, 04:28 PM   #55
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Good effort, dont forget the standard bolts to connect the arb to the Skunk LCA are the wrong thread, iirc the correct bolts are M10x1.25.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-13, 05:15 PM   #56
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
Having these bits to do have turned out to be good for you I think pal... Good effort...
Yes Dan, I needed something like this to take my mind off things and look forward. It seems to be working. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzed View Post
What offset you get for the wheels? Theyre 9inch wide ones right? Get some pics up!
No they are 8s. 2 off are 40, the other 2 are 33.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimmy View Post
Top work Mick.getting right in about it good man.
Cheers mate, nice getting stuck in with no distractions, even the dogs are chilling in the heat and don't hassle me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petet16 View Post
Good effort, dont forget the standard bolts to connect the arb to the Skunk LCA are the wrong thread, iirc the correct bolts are M10x1.25.
Not got that far yet, I need to clean and paint up the ARB and wait for replacement polybushes. I will check on this tomorrow.
Old 06-07-13, 06:04 PM   #57
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by petet16 View Post
Not checked the LCAs as they are now on the car and I am chilling so not going outside again today! So are the tapped holes in the arm wrong then? I just checked the old arms and they are standard M10x1.5.
Old 06-07-13, 06:37 PM   #58
reaper0709

reaper0709 has a spectacular aura aboutreaper0709 has a spectacular aura about
good to hear your keeping busy
hope you have plenty of cold beers...forecast is very hot tomorrow.
reaper0709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-13, 07:25 PM   #59
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Not checked the LCAs as they are now on the car and I am chilling so not going outside again today! So are the tapped holes in the arm wrong then? I just checked the old arms and they are standard M10x1.5.
I've got my LCAs here in front of me, I'll measure the holes, M10x1.25 it is.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-13, 05:46 PM   #60
stamford
Site Owner

Why are the holes tapped M10 fine? Is it for another fitment? Do I find bolts, however not standard, drill 10.5 and nut and bolt it? Probably the latter.

Todays work:
  • Rear discs, calipers, pads and braided hoses assembled.
  • ARB ground back to metal, ready to paint.
  • Front of car jacked up on axles now, so on all fours! (had to buy a new trolley jack to see me through, old one gave up the ghost, it is over 20 years old!)
  • Jet-washed the front suspension and inner wings.
  • Front calipers and discs removed. Discs were under bottom tolerance and pads well worn. Can't complain as the discs were the originals I believe.