theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 10-11-11, 07:43 PM   #51
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
I'd agree with the Brembo comments, they are a proper brake set up, for the price they deliver excellent stopping power, an additional bonus is that being oe fitment you don't need to keep fettling them as you would a more competition set up.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-11, 08:13 PM   #52
Quadcam24

Quadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the rough
best just test it / drive it and then see what you think, my ideas might have been totally different to where you will go and its nigh on impossible to say one is right and one is wrong.
I would just say find something you are comfortable with and then just build some confidence from a known base line, and only change / tweek one handling part at a time, that way you can see the effects of what you have done and revert back if it doesnt work. If you do like i did more than once and change a few things at once, then i didnt know what was causing what, so it made it hard to understand what was happening and why.
It is an intimidating car to try and drive quickly around a race track , simply because you build up high speed so quickly, i found i was arriving at every corner much faster than i ever had before and regardless of what folk think its blumming difficult to learn....it was certainly capable of more than i ever got out of it !
Tell you what though, when you can be confident enough to drive it hard and yet still keep it all controlled, its such a rush.......damn im jealous ;-))

Aaaaaah, you will soon be hounding everything else on track and making my laptimes look tardy....ya bitch , rflmao.
Its a good job you live nowhere near me else id be round everyday interfering,lol.
Quadcam24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-11, 08:27 PM   #53
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
Haha Dave. Im really pleased i got it, it lives in my works workshop so nice and clean, its got everything i want, finally we can get on lol.. As i have said in my Pm's your welcome of a drive once i have learnt the ropes.

Im trying to find a ZS120 badge atm lol only thing i will take of is the 300 badge.. got a lot of dash work to do as thats not that tidy anymore sadly. Plus trying to find the correct dials to fit to the stack Gauges. oil temp, coolant temp, fuel pres, oil pres, boost, and more. want quality but at a good price and to match ... some effort.

Was seeing bedford at the end of the month..... might have to book.

Also I am amazed at how well it starts and idles from cold. It dosnt idle perfect but imo it shouldnt, it just gives it that little "im a tuned mother******* engine" lol
Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-11, 09:25 PM   #54
zsserbia

zsserbia will become famous soon enough
So it will be beauty and the beast all in one package. Some M3's are going to be jealous I can tell! Great car.
zsserbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-11, 05:24 AM   #55
carmadbaker

carmadbaker has a spectacular aura aboutcarmadbaker has a spectacular aura about
We both need to get up the pod Ross, leave people scratching heads and very confused!
Good buy mate looks awesome fun!!

-MK1 MG ZS T16 Turbo 2.1
-Lotus Elise S2 111

You Can't Spell Dangerous Without "Dan"
carmadbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-11, 06:13 AM   #56
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmadbaker View Post
We both need to get up the pod Ross, leave people scratching heads and very confused!
Good buy mate looks awesome fun!!
That would be fun indeed, i dont think this would do brilliant at pod due to the suspension setup etc but its still good fun, as i say im going to go in january just to get a idea of the terminal speed etc and go from there
Old 11-11-11, 06:32 AM   #57
carmadbaker

carmadbaker has a spectacular aura aboutcarmadbaker has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged_Z View Post
That would be fun indeed, i dont think this would do brilliant at pod due to the suspension setup etc but its still good fun, as i say im going to go in january just to get a idea of the terminal speed etc and go from there
see you there pal

-MK1 MG ZS T16 Turbo 2.1
-Lotus Elise S2 111

You Can't Spell Dangerous Without "Dan"
carmadbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-11, 06:19 PM   #58
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

what we reckon... it could carry the plate

Old 11-11-11, 06:26 PM   #59
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged_Z View Post
what we reckon... it could carry the plate

I like it

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-11, 08:22 PM   #60
Quadcam24

Quadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the rough
id like to see it run at pod, let us know if you fix a date and ill try and get down.
Could run my car, its about the same power, rflmao.
Quadcam24 is offline   Reply With Quote