theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 26-09-12, 09:22 PM   #71
theboynoz

theboynoz is on a distinguished road
Must remember to do all the work on the car myself, can't afford to give away £160 when i can do the work and buy the part for £70!!! Damn that lack of time!

Next up a good service, anyone recommend a decent oil to use, i think i saw a site trader that has some good stuff.......

Drives:
ZS MK2 - XPG 120+, Climate Control, Leather/Alcantara, standard so long as you ignore the backbox, and brilliant fun to drive!
Mondeo MK3 LX - Silver, family runabout, 1.8 16v, standard, does the job!

theboynoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-12, 01:42 PM   #72
JoeyTaffy93

JoeyTaffy93 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by theboynoz View Post
24.8MPG this month, that's it i am checking for a fuel leak, then servicing it today! Although i did pick up some diesel oil, instead of petrol D'oh!
Run the diesel oil for a couple of thousand miles then change it all again.. I've heard it cleans out the engine pretty well.

Don't hold me to that though!!
JoeyTaffy93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-12, 01:46 PM   #73
theboynoz

Not gonna bother mate, just off to get the right stuff now, then a good service (Oil, oil filter, air filter and airbox back in, fuel filter) as well as plugs and renewing the IACV and generally clearing out the mucky parts that are strangling the engine!

Might try a new thing too, not burning out the clutch, LMAO!

Oh, AND TAX!

Drives:
ZS MK2 - XPG 120+, Climate Control, Leather/Alcantara, standard so long as you ignore the backbox, and brilliant fun to drive!

Old 29-09-12, 01:48 PM   #74
JoeyTaffy93

Seems fair enough.

I've not had my ZS long and I'm currently doing a brim to brim test to see what I can get MPG wise. It's currently at the last quarter on about 250ish miles... But these gauges are damn awful!
Old 29-09-12, 01:50 PM   #75
theboynoz

Well mine is currently averaging 275 miles per tank, but that is normally 100% town driving so..... I get the same MPG as the V6 boys!

Drives:

Old 29-09-12, 01:53 PM   #76
JoeyTaffy93

Oh right. This tank has been about 150 miles motorway and the rest rural with about 10 miles worth of town driving. The rest will be mostly rural too.
Old 29-09-12, 01:55 PM   #77
theboynoz

Well good luck with the MPG testing, you from down Redditch way?

Drives:

Old 29-09-12, 01:57 PM   #78
JoeyTaffy93

Not far from Redditch. I'm in Evesham which is about 18-20 miles south of Redditch, takes me around half hour usually, sometimes a little less.
Old 29-09-12, 07:55 PM   #79
theboynoz

oh right, we should be moving that way as soon as we can sell our house in Notts.....If we sell it!

Anyways, service done, bloody fuel filter was a bitch, but changed and glad i did, the unused fuel that came out of it was brown! Oil dipstick says it is at the absolute max, so i shall see if it is sluggish tomorrow and drain half a litre or so if necesarry.

But overall well chuffed, was quite an easy job, only hampered slightly by the neighbours kids asking what every single thing did and my level of competence! LOL

Drives:

Old 30-09-12, 05:05 PM   #80
theboynoz

Bad times, again, whilst cleaning the exhaust tailpipe tip as it was a chrome bit on the standard box i found that the box was making some noise....Some, baffle has disintegrated noise, and I set abpout removing the box....

Both bolts snapped and then it became apparent the box is foobarred so i need to find a new one, not too hard, or go to somewhere like Big City Tyres, as they make/fit powerflow. Basically, should i replace like for like or go get a stainless box made? Can't remember how much the boxes are made up, but i expect to spend a fair bit either way..... Damn it! Looked good after i cleaned and polished the tip too!

Drives: