AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-14, 08:35 PM   #1
splinter

splinter has a spectacular aura aboutsplinter has a spectacular aura about
New (to me) 180 questions

Thats not 180 questions i hasten to add!!

Been meaning to post for a while but unfortunately after a long fight my mother passed away last week, so things got put on the backburner for a while. Now trying to get back to some kind of normality so a few questions/answers/advise would be gratefully received.

Finally managed to get the cash together to buy myself a 180 Its a 2004 mk11 saloon in black. A few niggles but think I got it cheap enough to start with.
1..It'd been standing a little while so rear brake binding a little. More noticeable when reversing. I read these cars seem prone to rear seizure but is this on the brake or handbrake system? Worth changing both rear calipers?

2..The steering seems a tad heavier than my 120. Would 17's with lower profile tyre cause this feeling or is it supposed to be this way?

3..The dreaded manifold rattle....I can hear a faint rattle in this area but unsure if its VIS or something else (plenum? does this rattle? Not really mechanical on these things, carbs etc i'm ok) Tried reading the relevant threads and i'm afraid its beyond me!
(if anyone local to me can supply bacon butty and beer tokens to have a look?)

Other than a bit of wear on the leather and the skirts molding themselves to the clips, i'm well chuffed.

posted in General as questions are general sorry if i've got it wrong

Last edited by splinter; 11-11-14 at 08:37 PM. Reason: stupity
splinter is offline   Reply With Quote