Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 30-10-07, 08:17 AM   #51
Southern Storm
I'm Zeddin It

Southern Storm is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat C View Post
With my pipes, sports cat and filter i got 183 on the RR at Well Lane Turbo. They Superchipped it and it came out at 197 bhp. I was happy with that !
I would be very happy with that. Hmmmmm induction kit first me thinks.
Southern Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-07, 06:42 PM   #52
Dave MGT

Dave MGT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Storm View Post
Thats why i needed to ask someone who experienced it. Damn tempting but not cheap. Prolly worth doing the induction and zorst first i think.
The superchip map is for a std 180. Will give a bit more power and drivability.

If your going to carry out mods, decat, manifolds etc... a dasktek would be the best option but more £££ again. Difference is this will individually map to the cars so you get the most out of every thing.
Dave MGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-07, 07:45 PM   #53
weagie

weagie is on a distinguished road
Is there a general guide to what difference a superchip will make or is purely down to existing mods?
weagie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-07, 09:54 PM   #54
ian zs180

your mk1 does look nice mat looks abit like my firefrost red that colour well does in the pics anyway
Old 01-11-07, 04:28 PM   #55
henocsr

henocsr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
No, but car technology moves on - something MGR never ever did !
Why change something that works?????

ZS out handles the astra H, easy, Astra H has very bad bump steer, and even with TC on it understeers and doesnt turn in very well.
Old 01-11-07, 04:34 PM   #56
henocsr

henocsr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Hehe, my point about a ZS180's power (all 175 bhp of it) is that for some reason we seem to think that's powerful. A 2 litre 4 pot Clio Sport has more power than that, 22bhp more to be exact yet we never hear of them being crowned bad drivers. I really do think that driving an MG does bring aout a certain degree of arrogance and this strange belief that we are driving sub-supercars! 175 bhp is not fast, no way. My old 400+bhp Cosworth, now that was fast and would show anyone this side of a 911 Turbo what real speed was.
Oh, Murray - if you think that even with 203ps that you could beat an 888 Astra Diesel around a track then be my guest! It has the same BHP as what you have but with 330 lbft (not NM !!) makes it incredibly quick through the gears. 0-60 is quicker than ours, 0-100 is quicker than ours and every in gear time is faster than ours. They are only marginaly slower around a race track than a VXR Astra but in the real world they would leave a VXR for dead plus they don't suffer the torque steer that VXR's do because 888 engineering have all but eliminated it.
Driving around a nice smooth track is one thing, put the 888 astra on to a normal british b road and with its rock hard suspension and 18 inch wheels, it will be all over the place, and then turn the tc and esp off, so it is the same as the ZS, and you would see how good the chassis really is, or not as the case will be. i speak from experince