theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 25-12-14, 07:45 PM   #1
BUCKYDEVIL

BUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud of
Sods Law...

Worked a night shift last night and made the most of driving home at 5am on deserted roads, coulda drove 16 miles of Motorway or 25ish miles of empty B roads.
Conditions clear but road surface damp & I opted for B, enjoyed a good blast and the car is flying along like a go kart then 2 mile from home Whallop!!
Deep pot hole clipped on front left,
Feel tyre going down quicker than £20 whore in Amsterdam
Resort to using can of tyre gunk to get me home..

Sods Law is :
Looks like wheel might be Gubbed & Ive just sold my old alloys last week...
BUCKYDEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-14, 08:27 PM   #2
grimmy
its ginger its phenomenal

grimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud of
Sucks mate not got any mk2s but got all sorts of spares if you need to get on the road mate.
Old 25-12-14, 08:28 PM   #3
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
P1sser mate....

New tyre too, that stuff fecks the tyre up I think.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-14, 09:15 PM   #4
splinter

splinter has a spectacular aura aboutsplinter has a spectacular aura about
The law of sod is a barsteward.
No consolation I know but think the majority would have chosen to do the same as you so we'd all be in the same boat. Bad luck mate.
splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-14, 10:45 PM   #5
BUCKYDEVIL

BUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimmy View Post
Sucks mate not got any mk2s but got all sorts of spares if you need to get on the road mate.
Oh Yeh!! I forgot your a wheel hoarder, might be handy if you have an alloy with Tyre that will hold Air mate...
Obviously can't get anywhere open today and realistically won't be able to drive till Saturday afternoon as still Celebratating Christmas ....
Got a space saver wheel but it won't fit over the 180 brakes and good tyre place I know is in city centre
Give you a shout if I need your help bud...
Old 25-12-14, 10:48 PM   #6
BUCKYDEVIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by splinter View Post
The law of sod is a barsteward..
Nice phrase. Like that.
Old 26-12-14, 12:16 AM   #7
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Frustrating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCKYDEVIL View Post
Got a space saver wheel but it won't fit over the 180 brakes and good tyre place I know is in city centre
Stick the space saver on the back, back on the front.
Old 26-12-14, 01:25 AM   #8
BUCKYDEVIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
Frustrating.

Stick the space saver on the back, back on the front.
Cheers for Basics James but yeh!! Coulda figured that out myself...
lol
Just beating myself up a little though as sold set of Mk1s last week for chump change & could probably use them now...
Old 26-12-14, 11:13 AM   #9
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
£20 eh...........that's a good price

On a more serious note, sorry to hear the news, right pita no matter when it happens.
Old 26-12-14, 12:20 PM   #10
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Isnt there a web site where they show you how to claim off the road authority???

Lucky it didnt have you off the road!!

Not good, sue the pants off the council or whoever.

Good luck with it.

This one. http://www.potholes.co.uk/claims/how_to_claim