theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26-01-14, 10:39 PM   #1
pheelay

pheelay is a jewel in the roughpheelay is a jewel in the roughpheelay is a jewel in the rough
Busy weekend

Well, it's been a while since I posted updates. Things have been really busy over the last months with an illness in the family and the usual chaos at work. I guess the big change is that I finished up in France and recently moved back to Ireland. Brought both zeds over with me and they're still going strong

The 180 is off the road at the moment while I sort out insurance and registration. So I got busy this week/weekend with a few jobs that have been lingering:

Seats out:
* Sorted a small tear (and the usual wear) on the driver's bolster that's been there since I took ownership. Two strips of vinyl on the side replaced by a professional in Dublin. Almost identical match and it looks really well. I'm delighted with it
* Replaced the SRS connectors under the seats. Banish that SRS warning light good, I hope.
* Heated seats installed - come on cold weather! (thx to Djules for helping find the parts!)

Bumper off:
* Refitted RHD headlights for RoI.
* Xenons removed.
* Two tone horn from a pre-project drive Rover as the standard one is a bit weedy

Finally, fitted a GPS/GSM Tracker from ebay. I likes my electronics gadgets so I did this out of interest in the technology rather than the security. The tracker has its own SIM and communicates by SMS. There's no other ongoing costs, other than cost of sending SMS. It's funny talking to your Z by text!

While in the engine bay, I noticed the catch tank appears to be full so that'll have to come out again. Meanwhile, recovery time... every muscle aches from that bending under bumpers, climbing under dash boards, crouching, carry seats up and down stairs.. Clearly not 22 anymore! Not too mention hands riddled in cuts from working on that interior made out of edges sharp enough to satisfy Jamie Oliver.

Considering the trip to PoL this year, all going well, so maybe see some of yez there