theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 11-05-17, 07:08 PM   #1
glane85

glane85 is on a distinguished road
A fun evening at Bedford...

...Autodrome. A private event for the company, with a couple of Jag Le Mans prototypes and Ariel Atoms for use (with an instructor) if anyone so wished! And yes, they were busy 😄! Phenomenal pieces of kit, esp the Jag LMP!

With a little discussion, a few of us were allowed to also take our own cars out too. Only on the West circuit, so didn't have the long straights. But the ol bucket played ball and was as fast the Cooper S, Golf 35 special edition and an St with Mountune 275 kit. Yes, if there were the longer straights, then it would have been left, but without them, at least I was just about quicker round the circuit 😄! (The NS2-R's certainly helped! Both the drivers of the Mini and ST, who really push hard (!!) said they were on the limits and understeering on their tyres and I definitely had the advantage into the corners. The brakes are also very good, no fade etc.). A couple of people didn't really believe me when I said it only had about 170hp when new, probably less now, and that the engine was standard.

All in all a great evening...and the old Rover didn't break again😄 Every time I take it I think it will it's last! 😀 It will happen one day I guess, but until then...I'll just keep on enjoying it when I get the chance.
glane85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-17, 07:45 PM   #2
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Sounds like a fun evening.
Old 11-05-17, 09:15 PM   #3
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
A good time had by all, nice to upset superior cars now and again with an old Rover!
Old 14-05-17, 07:24 PM   #4
Lukeus101

Lukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to all
Not an average evening I must admit

ZS Appreciation Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/475756782447499/

> ZR 105 (Broken) > MK2 ZS 180 (Sold) > MK1 ZS 180 (Sold) > ZR Replica (Dead) > MK1 ZS 180 (Broken)
Lukeus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-17, 12:39 PM   #5
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Nicely done.... just goes to show that they knew what they were doing when they built them.....

sounds like a fun time
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote