theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 07-01-12, 08:00 PM   #1
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
I will sell it regardless eventually, it will just be now or 6 months down the line.

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-12, 08:15 PM   #2
Smokey
The Alan Gow of OBTCC

Smokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to behold
What sort of price are you looking for? Your car is pretty unique!

2009 Forza 2 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC 2nd Place Runner-up
2009/2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Clio Cup 4th Place
2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/F500 Cup 2nd Place Runner-up
2011 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 3rd Place
2012 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 1st Place Winner
2012/2013 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/DTM Championship 3rd Place
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-12, 07:29 AM   #3
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Didn't take long for the vultures to circle

Sell it whole as why bother doing anything if you are not 100% into it anymore?
Old 09-01-12, 07:49 AM   #4
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Well think Im gonna insure it and use it as a rainy day car, keep it for those icy mornings that I dont fancy kitting up and jumping on the bike. Also with this single seater project im working on need some way of getting the tools and parts to the gargage.

Gonna sort out all the niggles, most of which were there when I bought it and just not bothered me, get it 100% and enjoy it.

It was as I walked back to the car after work last night that made my mind up. Walking across the empty carpark, it was almost dark and I was parked under a light and it just looked stunning. Not sure I could part with it.

2012 BMW 320d Sport

Last edited by Jay-ZS+; 09-01-12 at 07:51 AM.
Old 09-01-12, 09:41 AM   #5
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

People must think I'm simple, (no comments ta) but the other day I had parked the car, walked back from the Post Office and just had to smile at the big yellow, big spoiler, sporty car sitting there.

Think you made the right choice Jay.

Hows the single seater coming along, will it be part of the Uni degree???

Old 09-01-12, 10:03 AM   #6
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
People must think I'm simple, (no comments ta) but the other day I had parked the car, walked back from the Post Office and just had to smile at the big yellow, big spoiler, sporty car sitting there.

Think you made the right choice Jay.

Hows the single seater coming along, will it be part of the Uni degree???

Well its been put to one side at the min what with xmas and the exams last week and this week. But Ive basically got the spaceframe designed and done most of the stress analysis on it, few alternations to ensure everything fits. Just looking into designing a variable plenum for the engine so try and maximise its performance through the rev range.Although at the minute its just pages of excel simulations, hope to get it drawn up in cad to run further simulation on it.

Will be using a 20mm restrictor in the inlet so that it falls within the formula student rules. The idea being to show that between the 3 of us we can design and build a car that has taken a team of 20 fellow students who dont know a spanner from a hammer 3 years do.

At the moment its not part of the degree just doing it with a couple of mates as a sideline thing thought it would be a good 'engineering exercise', something for the CV . Although considering looking at the variable plenum as a dissertation project. There was a guy a few years ago that designed one for his focus and got an extra 12% though-out the rev range. As a result is now working for Aston Martin.

Although that's something to consider for next year will carry on the development whilst we get the thing build. Hope to get the majority of it done over the summer.

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Old 09-01-12, 10:15 AM   #7
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
All sounds good, best of luck with everything.
Old 09-01-12, 10:16 AM   #8
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Cheers Pete

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Old 09-01-12, 10:48 AM   #9
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Common sense prevails! Change your sig, let's see how made your mind is up!
Old 09-01-12, 10:51 AM   #10
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Common sense prevails! Change your sig, let's see how made your mind is up!
Until I pay my insurance premium guess im open to offers :P but they would have to be good ones.

2012 BMW 320d Sport