theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 24-11-14, 10:16 PM   #1
MG ZS STE
Site Supporter

MG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really nice
New project...Maybe

So... I bought it. Needs a lot of TLC. looks to have been stood for a while. It still runs and drives and looks to have most of the original mods staccato had done to it over 5 years ago. Here it is in its prime.

http://forums.xpowerforums.com/showthread.php?t=48536

The engine bay needs a lot of gunk and elbow grease but nothing too serious. The thermostat looks like it may have a leak but I haven't really tested anything yet. It managed the 60 mile trip down from uttoxeter ok. Yes even without an air filter.

All i'll do for now are the things that wont cost much whilst I work out if I can get some replacement panels economically. It needs a bonnet and grill obviously but I would probably want to replace both wings and the bumper. Headlights also aren't quite right so fettling required there to, will no more when the front ends off. Then if I can get it registered, Mot'd, VIC'd and insured I may drive it for a bit. But, juries still out. I didn't buy it as a quick flip but I know id get more for it in bits then if I was to get it anywhere near perfect. So need to make sure im not letting the heart rule my head so to speak.
Old 25-11-14, 05:35 AM   #2
Lukeus101

Lukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to all
Please please please sell me the Xpower Gearknob glad someone rescued this

ZS Appreciation Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/475756782447499/

> ZR 105 (Broken) > MK2 ZS 180 (Sold) > MK1 ZS 180 (Sold) > ZR Replica (Dead) > MK1 ZS 180 (Broken)
Lukeus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-14, 06:57 AM   #3
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
wow ... that has indeed fallen on hard times. How does a car get into that state when it started off so well ...
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-14, 07:09 AM   #4
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
dare you name the prev owner on the v5?
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-14, 07:57 AM   #5
MG ZS STE
Site Supporter

MG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really nice
Lewerty bought it from Staccato and had it up until it was written off by a drunk driver. I don’t think he’ll mind me saying as he posted about it on XPF at the time. He sold a couple of bits including the ITG but otherwise its pretty much as it was, including the rear damage it incurred parked outside his house.
Old 25-11-14, 08:04 AM   #6
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
dare you name the prev owner on the v5?
I think the big problem is that it was involved in an accident so has sat around for a while, quite possibly without a bonnet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeus101 View Post
Please please please sell me the Xpower Gearknob
How much are you looking to spend?
Old 25-11-14, 09:02 AM   #7
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
I may have a few firefrost bits kicking around, mainly bodykit/plastics, front wings etc if it helps?
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-14, 09:52 AM   #8
MG ZS STE
Site Supporter

If I can get my hands on a bonnet and grill in the same colour for now then that would do. This is going to be a preservation rather than a restoration.

It could do with a replacement ROS bumper mounted spat but not a priority.
Old 25-11-14, 10:43 AM   #9
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Good to see it has found a good home, well done! Shame to see it in this state from when it once was.
Old 25-11-14, 12:07 PM   #10
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Ah its that car, had been wondering who's it had been originally. Poor thing, hope you bring it back up to scratch, quite a good project that.