theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 18-09-11, 07:13 PM   #1
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
ZS180 v Scooby WRX

Was such a nice day today, I had fixed my ZEDs little probs ( Door handle), gave him a wash. Decided to go for a little spin in the sunshine. Found some nice twisty B roads not far from me, and boy was it fun. The 180 is so responsive just kept in 3rd and 4th. Then after about 20mins, noticed a Scooby WRX in my way, with the blue paint and all the 555 stickers. I just carried on blasting round the bends, and the thing just couldnt get away. We came to a petrol station and we both pulled in. The driver asked me what I had under the bonnet, I just said normal 2.5v6, the scooby driver said he thought it was souped as he has been trying to lose me. That made my day. The ZS is still a match for these imposters.......
Old 18-09-11, 07:16 PM   #2
KevG
2007 Focus ST2

KevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really nice
If it was a UK spec Scoob, then the 180 will pi$$ all over it, but if it is an import then either the driver just cannot get the car going or the scoob is knackered.

Old 18-09-11, 07:26 PM   #3
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevG View Post
If it was a UK spec Scoob, then the 180 will pi$$ all over it, but if it is an import then either the driver just cannot get the car going or the scoob is knackered.
So not that the ZS180 when driven by someone who knows how to drive just cant be pulled away from????????????????????????????:thumbsu p:
Old 18-09-11, 07:49 PM   #4
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Bobdope2002 is on a distinguished road
The ZS180 wouldn't stand a cahnce against a souped up scoob that is all
Old 18-09-11, 07:55 PM   #5
daytona365

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdope2002 View Post
The scoobys by you must be souped up then, cos I kept up with a McRae shape in just my 214SEi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mind you almost all the Sccoby drivers near me are brain dead lol If you brake too early, mess up the corners and dont accelerate until minutes later, you dont deserve to own a car like that, drive your dads toyota corolla...........

Last edited by daytona365; 18-09-11 at 07:57 PM. Reason: addition
Old 18-09-11, 08:00 PM   #6
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdope2002 View Post
I can tell you that your wrong.

I am yet to find a scoob on track that can really push the zs through its paces. infact i find that in the corners the scoob has far to much transmission loss to cope with the fast cornering ZS.

Also not all, but a lot of scoob drivers just think cause there in a scoob they are super fast and super fly, when infact they have no idea on how to drive the car to its full potential.

You would need a zs with usual mods but there a fairly easy beat.
Old 18-09-11, 08:23 PM   #7
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
And "the Stig" would do the lot of you in a diesel Astra, or the German bird in a Transit van ....

Zs is a good car.
Scooby is a good car.

Both very fast if in the right hands.
Old 18-09-11, 08:28 PM   #8
S13AVO

S13AVO is on a distinguished road
A lot of Scooby drivers around my way, and not one has been able to touch me in my 180, only thing that has dogged me so far is a M5, but yet on the cornering was catching him up again :-)
Old 18-09-11, 08:31 PM   #9
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Bobdope2002 is on a distinguished road
A moderatley sooped up scoob 250bhp vs a 180 no chance in the straights mebbe in the corners as for keeping up with one in a 214 I don't believe you

Edit: come to think of it I actually showed up one of those Suzuki swifts yesterday on a roundabout he went round it on near enough 2 wheels I went round and I was so much quicker I had to undertake June off the roundabout

Last edited by Bobdope2002; 18-09-11 at 08:38 PM.
Old 18-09-11, 08:35 PM   #10
Dave MGT

Dave MGT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged_Z View Post
I can tell you that your wrong.

I am yet to find a scoob on track that can really push the zs through its paces. infact i find that in the corners the scoob has far to much transmission loss to cope with the fast cornering ZS.

Also not all, but a lot of scoob drivers just think cause there in a scoob they are super fast and super fly, when infact they have no idea on how to drive the car to its full potential.

You would need a zs with usual mods but there a fairly easy beat.
I agree.
I have yet to have a scooby overtake me on road or track.
They arent as fast as people make out. They need at least 300bhp+ in my book.
Even then on track a 180 driven properly wouldnt have a problem!
Closed Thread