theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 14-05-13, 05:37 PM   #11
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by petet16 View Post
The tails are about 15" long, 2 at each lower corner, and fitted to the edge of the glass, and are left outside when the screen is fitted.

I've had another look at the wiring diagram for the hrw on a mk2 and decided that the easiest way to wire it is by splicing into the feed that operates the relay for the rear screen to operate a fused relay for the front screen, and take a power feed from the ignition switch for the heating elements, it'll save having another switch, and will mean the front screen is timed like the rear one.
I think that's what I will do but have been looking at the door lock switch wondering where that could be relocated to............have 2 heated screen switches but the front only working when the rear is as the front normally clears quicker than the rear.

It would be really useful to have a how to as I was driving around north London wondering how hard it can really be.
Old 14-05-13, 05:43 PM   #12
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
I've been thinking for a while about the options for wiring it, using a separate switch, or splicing into existing wiring, and decided to splice into existing wiring as the easiest option, I'll do a load of pics and a write up when I do the job.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-13, 08:03 AM   #13
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Screen replacement in progress, the guy's arrived 3 hours earlier than expected, thats a good start hopefully.

Old 15-05-13, 09:35 AM   #14
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

Finished, just need a new top filler section, the old one split which is par for the course.

Jason who ran the group buy can supply the top filler for about £20, don't buy from xpart they're £100 a pop, for a rubber trim !!!!

Last edited by petet16; 15-05-13 at 11:01 AM.
Old 15-05-13, 09:41 AM   #15
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

mk2 wiring diagram for the hrw,http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthre...022#post300022 I've ordered cable this morning so I can match the original colours when making the loom for the front screen.

Old 15-05-13, 09:58 AM   #16
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Good mornings work, bit of a different re the top trim!!

Old 15-05-13, 05:12 PM   #17
Din

Din has a spectacular aura aboutDin has a spectacular aura about
Where did the screen come from ?
Din is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-13, 05:21 PM   #18
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Din View Post
A group buy on xpf, they were supplied by Ricky Evans Motorsport, www.heatedwindscreens.co.uk

Old 15-05-13, 05:24 PM   #19
Din

Din has a spectacular aura aboutDin has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by petet16 View Post
A group buy on xpf, they were supplied by Ricky Evans Motorsport, www.heatedwindscreens.co.uk
So they only do them for ZRs and that was a one off GB ?

Shame... thats not a bad price for the ZR ones either !
Din is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-13, 05:27 PM   #20
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Din View Post
There is a previous thread on here that I started on the subject with links, I believe he is planning a second but probably final batch.