theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Cars For Sale

Old 04-11-12, 11:03 AM   #21
Smokey
The Alan Gow of OBTCC

Smokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to behold
That was my next question. How much is the Lupo (if financed, plus interest) and break that down over a year....?

2009 Forza 2 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC 2nd Place Runner-up
2009/2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Clio Cup 4th Place
2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/F500 Cup 2nd Place Runner-up
2011 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 3rd Place
2012 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 1st Place Winner
2012/2013 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/DTM Championship 3rd Place
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-12, 12:18 PM   #22
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Fair enough - if you've done the math and feel that you'll be saving money - do it.

Should get a grand for your 110 easy - but if it's only doing 30mpg it's either in desperate need of a service or your ragging the arse off it. Give it a chance by servicing it - it'll be easier to sell - and then you'll get 40+ to the gallon driving it steady.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-12, 12:43 PM   #23
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
If your driving the 110 "like you stole it" all the time, and thats why the MPG is lower, then I would suggest that the Lupo won't be much better...

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-12, 04:28 PM   #24
ZRed

ZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the rough
1.6 isn't great on fuel. In all honesty, I find from the 1.4 right up to the 1.8vvc in any car, the fuel costs are rubbish. As rule of thumb, throughout my fleet, I get 50 miles for a £10 fuel. K series need to be revved. Revving = crap fuel economy. Simples.
Old 04-11-12, 04:30 PM   #25
ZRed

ZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the rough
Edit function won't work! Should say 40 miles to £10.
Old 04-11-12, 05:01 PM   #26
coreygraham180
Lean, Mean and Green

coreygraham180 will become famous soon enough
well the car i am looking at is 1800 so that why i was looking to see what kind of price i would get before so i can weigh up the options

Quote:
Speeding has never killed anyone.........suddenly becoming stationary kills you.....Quickly
2010 Forza 3 OBTCC Table 2 Champion
coreygraham180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-12, 05:17 PM   #27
DannyZR

DannyZR is a jewel in the roughDannyZR is a jewel in the roughDannyZR is a jewel in the rough
Had a proper look at your car on the computer it looks top
TWILIGHT ZR #5AQUA ZS TURBO MY #1
DannyZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-12, 07:21 PM   #28
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
as others above had said you should be getting more than 30mpg out the car... yes progress may not be hugely brisk but you will get where you want to go and go up to the speed limit - just takes a wee while longer to get there is all

Technically speaking the L-series can get up to 60mpg (have done it at 50mph everywhere dying of boredom), most people get 40-45mpg on a run at NSL though - even at 130kph on the continent will still give you that range...

if it is the non turbo charged car - if you have to use motorways at all - you are really really going to struggle, as i think the SDI verses the TDI has something like 15+ seconds to 60....

If it were me i'd look to see why the car is not giving you the economy the consensus suggests it ought to, and then rethink.... maybe pick up something older for less initial outlay? (maybe sorn the ZS in case circumstances change again?)

i know my old nasp 205 diesel with the awful 1.8 lump in it was bullet proof and always gave me over 50mpg however hard i tried to kill it - and boy did i try (driving it 20miles with no coolant as the radiator sprung a leak at NSL )!
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-12, 07:52 PM   #29
coreygraham180
Lean, Mean and Green

coreygraham180 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by p_b82 View Post
as others above had said you should be getting more than 30mpg out the car... yes progress may not be hugely brisk but you will get where you want to go and go up to the speed limit - just takes a wee while longer to get there is all

Technically speaking the L-series can get up to 60mpg (have done it at 50mph everywhere dying of boredom), most people get 40-45mpg on a run at NSL though - even at 130kph on the continent will still give you that range...

if it is the non turbo charged car - if you have to use motorways at all - you are really really going to struggle, as i think the SDI verses the TDI has something like 15+ seconds to 60....

If it were me i'd look to see why the car is not giving you the economy the consensus suggests it ought to, and then rethink.... maybe pick up something older for less initial outlay? (maybe sorn the ZS in case circumstances change again?)

i know my old nasp 205 diesel with the awful 1.8 lump in it was bullet proof and always gave me over 50mpg however hard i tried to kill it - and boy did i try (driving it 20miles with no coolant as the radiator sprung a leak at NSL )!
well i have changed the oil and put on the winter tyres and the car does seem to be doing better about the 37 mpg now which is alot closer to the manufacturers claim but i still need a lot more to justifly keeping the zs and will be the tdi i get as the sdi is just that too slow

Quote:
Speeding has never killed anyone.........suddenly becoming stationary kills you.....Quickly
2010 Forza 3 OBTCC Table 2 Champion
coreygraham180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-12, 08:03 PM   #30
DannyZR

DannyZR is a jewel in the roughDannyZR is a jewel in the roughDannyZR is a jewel in the rough
Deffo more then im getting out of the golf
TWILIGHT ZR #5AQUA ZS TURBO MY #1
DannyZR is offline   Reply With Quote