theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 19-12-09, 07:52 PM   #1
Roverdose214

Roverdose214 is on a distinguished road
My ZS 120 (Stripped)

Has gone through alot me and this car... Stripped shed loads of weight out.
Aircon, rear seats, all carpet etc etc etc.

The best thing to do is look at the whole project on rovertech

http://www.rovertech.net/forum/viewt...?f=28&t=107039

First time i seen her

White TSW Evo R's look much better in real life

New brakes

13mm raise

Harnesses

Alot more has to come out

The normal seats are back in place, the rear floor vents have gone to. Still need to remove all that stupid sound proofing!

Last edited by Roverdose214; 19-12-09 at 08:14 PM.
Roverdose214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-09, 08:26 PM   #2
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
What are your plans for it then? Suggest you do something with the air filter, not doing it any good there at all.
Old 19-12-09, 08:47 PM   #3
Roverdose214

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
What are your plans for it then? Suggest you do something with the air filter, not doing it any good there at all.
I am going to supply a cold air feed as i like the roar from the induction kit straight on the TB.

Did you get my Pm earlier? and my plans for this is take as much possible weight out as i can... Going to get a set of lightweight seats and steering wheel.

All thats left in the interior is dash, 4x door cards 2 front seats and spare wheel but thats coming out as soon as i get the back lowered and some better tyres!

Also stripped out the engine bay, bonnet sound proofing, bulk head sound proofing, aircon, charcoal canister and all the standard airbox.
Old 19-12-09, 08:49 PM   #4
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Yea, I replied earlier.

Are you going to track it?
Old 19-12-09, 08:55 PM   #5
Roverdose214

Quote:
Yea, I replied earlier.

Are you going to track it?
Is there any chance you can tell me on here? cant get into my email atm and no its my road going car, the runaround
Old 19-12-09, 11:00 PM   #6
stamford
Site Owner

I made my own subframes using flat black steel and a mixture of the original ones. Cost me nothing! The seat was bought off ebay for around £50 if my memory serves me correct. I think you can buy bespoke subframes but they are not cheap, best to enquire direct to the company concerned. Other than that go for the alloy or steel side mounted types but that will mean the superior bucket seat as well that use the sidemounts and not the standard underside mount.
Old 19-12-09, 11:27 PM   #7
Roverdose214

Well i dont mean to sound like a fussy sod but i had my harness mounted where yours is and i was told its unsafe, what i did was put an eyebolt through the two plates which had the female seatbelt on it. I was told in a crash it would either pull the eyebolt out as its relying on the thread or brake my back as the harness brings your back down to the same angle its mounted at. I mounted mine on the D pillar in the end.

Told by a guy at a garage tho that if you have a bucket seat it will be safer than using a standard seat at that angle, is your rear clip clipped into one of the loop holes in the metal bracket that holds the webbing?
Old 19-12-09, 11:46 PM   #8
stamford
Site Owner

What? I don't understand that...............eyebolts are supplied to snap the seatbelt to. However I have a quick release rear strap so my rear point is bolted to the same point as the female parts. The angle is within the recommended tolerance for the rear straps and not bolted to the floor directly behind the seat. I have built and raced many cars over the years and all have passed scrutineering so I'll carry on and do what I have always done.

In my road going ZS I have kept the inertia seatbelt so I can use this as well as the harness. In order to do this I have modified some Audi seatbelt mounts that enable me to snap the harness into position without interferring with the inertia version.
Old 20-12-09, 09:40 AM   #9
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
I made my own subframes using flat black steel and a mixture of the original ones. Cost me nothing! The seat was bought off ebay for around £50 if my memory serves me correct. I think you can buy bespoke subframes but they are not cheap, best to enquire direct to the company concerned. Other than that go for the alloy or steel side mounted types but that will mean the superior bucket seat as well that use the sidemounts and not the standard underside mount.
Demon tweeks can supply subframes for the zs for cobra seats quote "We can supply Cobra seatframes to suit your car.( they are listed for Rover 45 which should be the same ). These are £69.00 per seat + vat. These will fit all base mounted Cobra seats that have holes that face the floor. "

Much easier to do as Mick and others have and fabricate some up.

What are your plans engine wise???

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-09, 01:02 PM   #10
Roverdose214

Stamford i didnt mean to offend, i was just told on RT
this is how my harness was first mounted

I was told by many people its dangerous so i raised it to the D pillar.

And Jay for the time being im going to stick with the K series after the £900 full rebuild.
But hopefully get cams, 52mm tb etc.