theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 13-01-11, 09:10 AM   #1
Danny Coleman

Danny Coleman is on a distinguished road
Do I sell it?

Having owned the ZS now for 6 months I am pondering on wether or not to sell it. I like things to be just right with my cars and although it has to be one of the nicest cars to drive, the niggles are begining to get on my wick! Its has now had most things done, just put a new thermostat in yesterday, its had new VIS motors, new Idle air control valve, repaired the door handles, catch tank fitted, new belts and a full service, all fluids changed. Gave it a new set of tyres, the blue flame duplex cat back, new battery, tinted rear lenses, mgzs gear knob, new leather steering wheel, AC re-gas. HID headlight upgrade. I've spent a furtune on her and I now feel that on 28k mile car that should be it, just got that feeling of what next???
Plus side it does look the dogs when clean on a sunny day, the mix of yellow and a tint of orange does turn heads.

Any thoughts?
Danny Coleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-11, 09:12 AM   #2
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Its a fekking gorgeous car mate

If I had the money I'd be offering you the cash right now

I say keep it, for the money you'll get for selling it you won't find a better car!

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-11, 09:20 AM   #3
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Keep it, great cars and you have done 99% of the work, as ZS says they arnt fetching much at the moment.

Maybe when more people appreciate them, the prices will start going up, or at least reflect its true value.

Old 13-01-11, 09:56 AM   #4
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
Keep it, great cars and you have done 99% of the work, as ZS says they arnt fetching much at the moment.

Maybe when more people appreciate them, the prices will start going up, or at least reflect its true value.

Either that or Petrol drops and people can afford to run them again... ?1.36 by easter!

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-11, 10:03 AM   #5
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Derv down here was ?1.33 the other day, lucky I've not had to put any in since Christmas, was ?1.26 then.

Think the Govt will cut thier own necks, people will cut out pleasure motoring and will be used only for work and going to the shops.

Must admit we dont go out for drives round the forest or down the beach as we used to.

Old 13-01-11, 10:16 AM   #6
fastmike

fastmike is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
Derv down here was ?1.33 the other day, lucky I've not had to put any in since Christmas, was ?1.26 then.

Think the Govt will cut thier own necks, people will cut out pleasure motoring and will be used only for work and going to the shops.

Must admit we dont go out for drives round the forest or down the beach as we used to.

WORK ...... LOl...... there wont be any work soon...... the cost of fuel effects everything...... everything gets moved by truck sometime during manufacture or delivery.....
fastmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-11, 10:17 AM   #7
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Keep it mate, better the devil you know You'll only live to regret it once sold as it is stunning.
Old 13-01-11, 10:41 AM   #8
MG 53 ZED

MG 53 ZED is on a distinguished road

Don't sell her no way, you have a rare outstanding car there plus you have done alot of work on her, you will regret it if you do.
MG 53 ZED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-11, 12:32 PM   #9
Danny Coleman

Danny Coleman is on a distinguished road
Alot of people keep telling me it's a rare car, does anyone know how rare? All I know is that finding touch up paint for the few little stone chips is a nightmare.

Having said that, that big bright thing we sometimes see in the UK came out for half an hour this morning, and looking at the car in the with the light shining off it, it does look good!
Danny Coleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-11, 01:08 PM   #10
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
I think you should px it to me against my ST220.

Seriously though - what niggles are left ? By the sounds of it, it's a sorted car.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote