theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 19-01-13, 08:31 AM   #1
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
So you say insurance has gone up?

Got my renewal with Adrian Flux through yesterday quoting me £606 which is a small increase from £565 I paid last year. However have just dropped from 6 to 3 points and now fall outside the 18-25 bracket thought I could get it cheaper.

After calling around got it down to £448 with greenlight which includes protected ncb. Mods covered like for like. 26, 3 points 5yrs ncb. Its on a less than 5000 mile policy but that's fine as use the missus car when we go anywhere together as she hates the zed! Lol

Pretty chuffed tbh. Just to note called Adrian flux to let them know and their quote suddenly dropped to £450 :rolleyes: If they had quoted that first time I would have just renewed and not even bothered to shop around.

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-13, 08:46 AM   #2
Ippon

Ippon has a spectacular aura aboutIppon has a spectacular aura about
Good work .... so two phone calls saved you £156 ....
Ippon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-13, 09:14 AM   #3
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
I had the same with A. Flux, their renewal was nearly double and they expect you to pay it. I too shopped around and think Greenlight were the benchmark. Nearly £300 cheaper and guess what Flux bettered it. What annoys me is that they can reduce it but they still try and exploit the consumer. Something must be done to stop this, it is robbery.

Once upon a time the car was worth over 15 times the cost of insuring it, today some policies cost more than the value of the car, where is this seen as acceptable? This refers to the older drivers with full ncb, nil points etc. Younger drivers are always loaded as they expolit them as they need their cars due to peer pressure.
Old 19-01-13, 09:53 AM   #4
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
People must just renew otherwise they would be straight with you and give them their best price to begin with.

This insurance companies need to be alot more transparent in my opinion.

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-13, 10:02 AM   #5
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Had the same thing with Direct Line few years ago, rung them back and said I could get it £200 cheaper.

They reduced their quote but I had already gone ahead with the new company. When I asked why the first quote was so expensive they said "its because of the introductory bonus, we give all new customers!"

So although they now have a years experience of your driving and hopefully no claims, plus all the details are set up on the computer, they still load your quote. I said you ought to have customer loyalty and encourage people to stay with you!!!!

Never been back to Direct Line!!!!

Old 19-01-13, 10:22 AM   #6
DannyZR

DannyZR is a jewel in the roughDannyZR is a jewel in the roughDannyZR is a jewel in the rough
At least your not 20 tryin to insure my ZS lowest quote I got last month was 1800 with a years NC and 3 points this month now they have updated the system to add the 15% due ti this compo change they have made it has now got to 2300 or 203 a month or others just wont give me a quote due to my points.
TWILIGHT ZR #5AQUA ZS TURBO MY #1
DannyZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-13, 10:34 AM   #7
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Just highlights the fact that younger drivers need to be more aware of their driving and what is going on around them. More so today as there are more drivers than ever and more cameras watching our every move. It's not easy being a saint but when it comes to insurance premiums it is a case of too late and alot of hindsight. Years ago a driving misdemeanor was nothing to worry about as the premiums were not affected by a great deal, not the case today as every little thing is scrutinised.
Old 19-01-13, 10:39 AM   #8
ian zs180

ian zs180 is on a distinguished road
My insurance is due mid february i,m with pete best at the moment went with them last year as the beat every quote i got and they did say to me when i took it out that they do like to keep there customers so dont belive in just getting your custom for one year and that they dont inflate your premium the second year so i,ll see what happens when i get my new quote
ian zs180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-13, 10:59 AM   #9
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Think the points issue is just another cash cow for the insurance companies, I must admit I find it difficult to keep to 30, even in the Derv!!!!

Thats why its a derv and not a 180, with a 180 I'm sure the points would have stacked up even quicker.

Thats even with a device that warns me of BLACK SPOTS, that is on all the time.

DannyZR did you try Co-op with the black box, they seem cheapish for the younger driver. Hope you can get that quote down.

Old 19-01-13, 02:03 PM   #10
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
mines due next month, see what happens. last year the CO-OP renewal went up to £968. Rang them and they started going, "you must have had a claim, or moved, or changed car" Told them Id gone online and got it for £410, they just went, OK. we cant beat that.

People need to do plenty of checking these days, as the goal posts keep moving. The big one that gets me is my job description. Some jobs are considered high risk, but you can use a different name for the same job, and lower it. In my example, I work in the parts dept of a garage. Parts Person includes driving, so they think im out driving an hitting people. Change it to Parts Advisor, woo Im now considered a desk person, bang goes down my risk. Now Im not lying, so nothing to invalidate my insurance. They get sneaky, its our turn to get sneaky back. Answer truthfully, but differently and see your premium go down.
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote