theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-11, 05:21 PM   #1
pheelay

pheelay is a jewel in the roughpheelay is a jewel in the roughpheelay is a jewel in the rough
My ZS 180

I've joined the 180 club

I met up with Kai a couple weeks back and sealed the deal. Been away on holidays though so held off posting til I had a something worth saying. The car is, as the frenchies would say, mag-ni-fique! Goes like stink, amazing deep, throaty sound from the V6 and exhaust and immaculate inside and out. Kai has really done a good job looking after it.

No big mods planned, first thing is getting it certified here. Some mods may even have to go. I reckon the decat, hids and the tinted rear lights won't fly unfortunately, but will see what happens..

Planned:
- Empty catch tank
- Mist jets + better washer pump
- Fix rear bumper sag
I'm an electronics man so
- VIS indicators
- Sound system from the other ZS
- 12v socket in boot for ice-box & 240v in the cabin.
Eventually, would love cruise control, but the parts look tough to get.

Here's the interesting thing, I've already done a couple of long distance trips and if not driving like a tool, it's getting roughly the same distance out of a tank (340 miles = 32mpg) as the 1.4 (550km). Perhaps because the 1.4 needs to be pushed to 4200rpm to roll at 130kph. The 180 chews the motorway way more comfortably. I expect the comparison in city/traffic will be less palatable!

Here's the fleet. The 1.4 is insured until end Decemeber. I have a couple of things to fix on it, then will sell it on.

Last edited by pheelay; 28-09-11 at 04:59 PM.
pheelay is offline   Reply With Quote