theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 28-06-16, 08:08 PM   #201
Quadcam24

Quadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the rough
looking fantastic.
David
Old 05-12-16, 04:10 PM   #202
sneekyparrot

sneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the rough
Its been a while since i updated this thread

but here goes. Things have moved far slower than i planned, had to make some harsh buisness decisions that sapped not only the funds but time :-(

Dash / Floor Plates all mounted up ready for powder coating:

Fuel Pumps In:

Rear Suspension Back on, i switched back to the stock arms with new poly bushes.

Heat Shielding back in

Time to tackle the wiring-I lost count how long this took to sort out

Got some paint on floor plates / feet plates. Final fit of the dashboard and the Aim Dash

This is where i started to get excited, at last things were starting to be powered up and tested. Yep it took a while to make the switch panels

We Have life. Dash all working along with everything else, only thing missing at the moment are the reverse lights which are not coming on when reverse selected. Prob something silly but well happy

Starting to fitting the mk2 bodywork

So thats where we are at the moment, still waiting for the rear brakes but not that fussed as its not going on the road this year but defo going to be ready for spring next year. If i can i may even get it mot'd and some miles on the motor before then.
I had planned to pay someone to build the engine loom but i've now decided to tackle it myself, i mean how hard can it be

waiting for the new connectors to arrive and i have already stripped the BAM loom of all thats not needed so with a bit of luck it may even get fired up during xmas providing i can also get the fuel filler neck routed to the outside.

cheers

P.
Old 05-12-16, 04:37 PM   #203
grimmy
its ginger its phenomenal

grimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud of
Coming on nicely that .going to be one track monster when it's finished.
Old 05-12-16, 05:38 PM   #204
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Paul the level of detail is stunning! I just wish I had a garage my zed would fit. I have to do my work on the driveway. Cannot wait to see and hear this. Superb!
Old 05-12-16, 06:38 PM   #205
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
Jeez thats some job.

I want to buy it back
Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-16, 01:17 PM   #206
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Looking good there Paul - not long now until it is properly alive and you can do some shakedown running in
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-16, 05:02 PM   #207
JOHNDQ

JOHNDQ is on a distinguished road
Do like that dash
JOHNDQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-16, 09:37 PM   #208
sneekyparrot

sneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNDQ View Post
Do like that dash

Yep that was one of my best finds. Full of goodies once I get my head round the software [emoji15][emoji15]
Old 07-12-16, 06:48 AM   #209
JOHNDQ

JOHNDQ is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneekyparrot View Post
Yep that was one of my best finds. Full of goodies once I get my head round the software [emoji15][emoji15]
I bet ive been looking at the Race Technology Pro 2
JOHNDQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-17, 11:06 AM   #210
sneekyparrot

Talking Update

Been a little while but thought i'd post a little update, now i have some time to myself this Bank Holiday.

A few little set backs but only to be expected. I had to strip down the dashboard again after discovering a couple of problems with the K6 and the AIM Dash, both had to be shipped off for updates / repairs.

Both arrived back after a couple of weeks with the added benefit of the K6 being upgraded to the new 6+ Spec.

Added A Nice Logo To AIM Startup

C&C Engineering Made Me Up Some Custom Mounts For The Wheel Speed Sensors

Vented Fuel Filler Cap

Reyland Rear Brakes Added

A Few Mods Were Needed To Use The Stock Handbrake Cables
Had To Use 2 x Offside Cables as N/Side is 15mm Longer

Would Of Been Easier To Use The Wilwood Cables TBH!

Rear Door Stripped Ready For Fuel Filler

Vented Filler Cap Added

Fuel Cell Plumbed In

Brakes have all been bled and no leaks

On To Programming the Dash & ECU and we are ready to try and start the motor. I intend to ask emerald to connect up and check over my setup before a start is tried.

Front Doors and Bonnet Have Been Dropped With Lee Costello To Replicate In FBglass or Carbon if Budget Allows

Keep You Posted How It Goes.

Cheers
Paul