theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 08-04-09, 06:33 PM   #11
Maxxed_Ross
Events Organiser-Scotland

Maxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura aboutMaxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura about
I tend to put the fronts up to 35 in the summer to help get even wear. I found running at 32 over the summer months wore the edges too quickly

www.facebook.com/EX259

"It's not broken, it's an opportunity to upgrade!"
Maxxed_Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-09, 10:28 PM   #12
ian zs180

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfire039 View Post
that's too high my friend.
Go on verderstiens site thats what they say and a few people over on xpf run around the 38psi mark with there veds on
Old 08-04-09, 10:34 PM   #13
ian zs180

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
What! 41 and 38! surely not. That is excessive, not only will it wear the centre section but your grip levels will be somewhat compromised. Those pressures are what we used to use on trackdays back in the 80's before tyre technology improved.
No mick i,m not running 41 i,m running 38 all round if you look on veds website they recomend 41 psi but i found that a little to much the steering was very light at 38 it feels wright and handles fine, At 33 it felt like the tyres were giving on the walls when cornering quick my contis were fine on cornering at 33 psi but my veds just felt rubbish at that pressure
Old 08-04-09, 10:35 PM   #14
shroonie29

shroonie29 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian zs180 View Post
Go on verderstiens site thats what they say and a few people over on xpf run around the 38psi mark with there veds on
To be fair,Vredstein do state different pressures for different manufacturers(so Ian is doing the correct thing IMO)
A rule of thumb I once read was max pressure of tyre minus 10%
No good for me,but hey give it a try you may like it lol
If you haven't been to http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible.html it is a good read.
Infact read all the car bibles this chap has written,informative & worth the time

Shroon

"In the MG ZS, the relationship between car and driver borders on the intimate"
"The surprise is that the MG ZS feels right straight away and stays accurate and poised"
shroonie29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-09, 10:39 PM   #15
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian zs180 View Post
No mick i,m not running 41 i,m running 38 all round if you look on veds website they recomend 41 psi but i found that a little to much the steering was very light at 38 it feels wright and handles fine, At 33 it felt like the tyres were giving on the walls when cornering quick my contis were fine on cornering at 33 psi but my veds just felt rubbish at that pressure
Even at 38 seems high, still got your teeth? lol! I've pumped up my Toyo's a little more this time and get a better feel, but they are around the 33/34 mark.
Old 08-04-09, 10:42 PM   #16
shroonie29

shroonie29 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Even at 38 seems high, still got your teeth? lol! I've pumped up my Toyo's a little more this time and get a better feel, but they are around the 33/34 mark.
I have a feeling the Vreds work differently.I know paul on XPF loves them & he uses similar pressures to Ian.
If I put that pressure in my Avons I would feel like Bamby on ice lol

Shroon

"In the MG ZS, the relationship between car and driver borders on the intimate"
"The surprise is that the MG ZS feels right straight away and stays accurate and poised"
shroonie29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-09, 10:46 PM   #17
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Strange hearing certain makes behave so differently, I'm like you if I try those pressures it'll be like driving on crossplies!