AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-09, 07:11 PM   #1
afcbadam

afcbadam is on a distinguished road
police laser guns

do they have to have signs up when using one. may have been caughtto day. didnt see any warnings of it. how long does the ticket come through? fingers crossed the barstards didnt get me.

and they say its not a money making thing. SCUM

Regal Autosport Astra GSI Turbo 304 bhp 356 lb/ft

Thorney motorsport Vectra vxr 305bhp 398lbft

Now its time to build a big turbo MG ZS

Old 04-04-09, 07:29 PM   #2
Murray203ps
Site Supporter

Murray203ps is on a distinguished road
Don't think they need to have signs up for the mobile guns and you should see something drop on your doorstep in roughly 3-4 weeks if they got you. Thats how long mine took to come through.

0-60 6.3secs 1/4 mile 14.7@92.5mph
Old 04-04-09, 07:59 PM   #3
markyzs180

markyzs180 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray203ps View Post
Don't think they need to have signs up for the mobile guns and you should see something drop on your doorstep in roughly 3-4 weeks if they got you. Thats how long mine took to come through.
you should have just thrown it in the bin then murray...it has to arrive within 14 days of the offence, if it arrives after 14 days it is null and void.

keep your fingers crossed!!! was it a man with a gun or was it a mobile van? if it was a van it may well have just been doing vehicle checks (tax mot etc)

2005 MG ZS 180 Saloon Gone, but still in the family....
Old 04-04-09, 08:03 PM   #4
afcbadam

A pig with a gun. pointed it at me and as soon as i was passed he looked at it.

Old 04-04-09, 08:10 PM   #5
markyzs180

Quote:
Originally Posted by afcbadam View Post
A pig with a gun. pointed it at me and as soon as i was passed he looked at it.
oh man....just keep everything crossed kiddo...how much over do you think you were???

Old 04-04-09, 08:11 PM   #6
Yampiedog

Yampiedog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by markyzs180 View Post
you should have just thrown it in the bin then murray...it has to arrive within 14 days of the offence, if it arrives after 14 days it is null and void.

keep your fingers crossed!!! was it a man with a gun or was it a mobile van? if it was a van it may well have just been doing vehicle checks (tax mot etc)
Not strictly correct, 14 days from the day the driver is identified. For example, it was your car and someone else was driving, they send the keeper (you) the NIP. You reply saying who was driving and then they have 14 days from when that reply was sent back and then they send the NIP to that person and so on. That could go on for six months (might even be 12 months for speeding offences, can't be sure) but after that the time limit for prosecution has expired.
Old 04-04-09, 08:14 PM   #7
oidicko

oidicko is on a distinguished road
1) Signs don't need to be near where the speed gun is used. It can be used anywhere that complaints are received or local knowledge indicates speed or accidents are a problem.
2) You should receive a notice of intended prosecution within 14 days, or at least the registered keeper will receive it within that time limit.
3) If it was a man in a van you will have to be within 10% plus 2mph of the speed limit, these are government guidelines..... if it was a traffic cop with a gun on his own then he may be working well over that restriction, for example he may let you get away with 15mph over the limit. It will be up to his discretion depending upon time of day/weather/traffic conditions or location, or even a mixture of the aforementioned.
Old 04-04-09, 08:15 PM   #8
markyzs180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yampiedog View Post
Not strictly correct, 14 days from the day the driver is identified. For example, it was your car and someone else was driving, they send the keeper (you) the NIP. You reply saying who was driving and then they have 14 days from when that reply was sent back and then they send the NIP to that person and so on. That could go on for six months (might even be 12 months for speeding offences, can't be sure) but after that the time limit for prosecution has expired.
oh, ok then......but adam was driving!!

Old 04-04-09, 08:21 PM   #9
afcbadam

Quote:
Originally Posted by markyzs180 View Post
oh man....just keep everything crossed kiddo...how much over do you think you were???
proberly 10-15mph over when i saw him. as soon as i did i immediatly hit the brakes so may have been a few mph less.
to busy looking at him to see how fast i was going and what i had slowed down to.

Old 04-04-09, 08:22 PM   #10
TjP

TjP is on a distinguished road
The thing I hate is where the place themselves when they do this. Every time I see the vans theyre on the outskirts of town, just inside the speed limit zone, which usually means theres not really any reason to be doing 30mph (no or few houses etc,) other than the fact they put a sign up... perfectly SAFE to be doing 40mph even.

And the fact that they put signs warning of cameras is a JOKE, because they put them EVERYWHERE and theres only ever a van around once in a blue moon, so everybody ignores the signs if its one of your local routes. They know this, ofcourse, but they think to use it as a justification to the fairness of the system. Complete BS.