Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-09, 04:11 AM   #31
Andyf

Andyf is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimmy View Post
If you were speeding and get done then tough it's the law, money generating or not they are doing their job and words like pigs and bastards in my opinion are a bit out of order.If you do get a N.I.P then suck it up like the rest of us,you broke the law whether they were being sneaky or not.
Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by afcbadam View Post
CALM DOWN ! just voiceing my opinion. like im sure you have done in the past. in my opionion they are scumbags, its a money making scheme and they do nothing to help the public. a total waste of space if you ask me. they are ofter seen speeding themselves. i followed a marked focus up the motorway about a year ago at 110mph. no lights or siren.

go and do a proper job, stop trying to get speeders who are an easy target and go and get rapists and muggers and people who are abusing little kids ect. or are they just admitting they are not good enough to do that, thats why they get their convictions through motorists.

the police are the most hated people in the world. the most disrespectful and the most disrespected.

my personal opionion.
I find your opion ill informed. If you actually knew what the police dealt with you might change your views.

People like you annoy me, you get caught doing something wrong then blame everybody but yourself, "It's a money making scheme" "We are easy targets"
If you weren't speeding you wouldn't be helping this money making scheme would you? Also the police do not benefit from the revenue raised and usually do speed enforcements at sites where the public themselves have complained that people speed in that area.

I like the way you stated that you followed a marked car up the motorway at 110mph, so you think it's OK for you to drive at those speeds? I often don't put my blue lights on if there is no need, you don't know what that car was doing.It may have been trying to catch up with another car without wanting to alert it of it's presence. I guess it was doing something because if some idiot was following me at 110mph I would have stopped them and done them for speeding.

As for saying the police are "scumbags", "a waste of space" and "do nothing to help the public" i'm sure the families of those who have been killed on the roads would disagree. I'd like to see you deliver a death message or sit with a family as they identify the (often disfigured) body of a loved one, but then I guess you will never have to do this as unlike me you have a 'proper job'.

As for your (very original) "should be out catching rapists and muggers" comment I think you will find that we have departments like CID who deal with those offences. I fail to see how doing speed enforcement is admitting we aren't good enough to catch them.

You might not think that speeding is an issue and that you can drive perfectly safely at what ever speed you fancy but you are wrong. Every accident I attend I am sure that the person driving didn't think they were going to crash as otherwise they wouldn't have been driving so fast.

You may be the best driver in the world but sadly others aren't so good, do you not want the police to be catching them to reduce the chance of them ploughing in to your car?

You may have been caught speeding, take responsibilty for your own actions and stop having a go at the police, it's your own stupid fault.

That's my personal opion.
Old 06-04-09, 07:34 AM   #32
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Good post Andy, I agree with the content and it should not have come to this.

My daughter was assaulted some time ago and the Police did a stirling job through the whole process, unfortunately the ******* was never caught but not without trying.

At times I would moan about the Police (normally regarding mobile traps in daft places) but that is purely a selfish thing and they are just doing their job. If I ever got caught speeding then I would just have to accept it as I should have known better.

My other daughter had her second stop check Saturday evening, nothing wrong there, all was okay. I said to her they must have had a valid reason to pull you, she did admit to exiting the petrol station a little irratically.
Old 06-04-09, 08:24 AM   #33
midcuk

midcuk is on a distinguished road
simple fact is dont speed and you wont get fined its the law. it does appear to be a bit of a lottery though and its not if but when you get done.
however anyone that states it is not a money making venture are totally talking out of their @ss , its so blatently an easy way to make money for the government it makes me laugh when they try to prove it is not !.
Old 06-04-09, 08:40 AM   #34
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Wink

Hi Adam

Hows Bournemouth doing.

4-0 not bad, cheer you up a bit.
Old 06-04-09, 08:59 AM   #35
arwilson80
Founding Members

arwilson80 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
i followed a marked focus up the motorway about a year ago at 110mph. no lights or siren.
Not to 'nit picky' but you do reaslise that you have openly admitted to speeding (which you haven't been convicted for)... and i'm sure that it could be used as evidence (AFAIK) against you if the right person reads it.

"People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people. Drive only with proper protection."
"You should try one. It's bloody good" - Jeremy Clarkson (commenting after driving a ZS180)
"Fines are a tax for doing bad, Taxes are a fine for doing good" - Unknown
GPS - Because guys don't know how to ask directions

MG ZS 180
3.5L V6 Ford Taurus
2.7L V6 EcoBoost Ford F150 4x4
Old 06-04-09, 10:15 AM   #36
Fudgepacker

Fudgepacker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
CALM DOWN ! just voiceing my opinion. like im sure you have done in the past. in my opionion they are scumbags, its a money making scheme and they do nothing to help the public. a total waste of space if you ask me. they are ofter seen speeding themselves. i followed a marked focus up the motorway about a year ago at 110mph. no lights or siren.

go and do a proper job, stop trying to get speeders who are an easy target and go and get rapists and muggers and people who are abusing little kids ect. or are they just admitting they are not good enough to do that, thats why they get their convictions through motorists.

the police are the most hated people in the world. the most disrespectful and the most disrespected.

my personal opionion.
at the end of the day the limit is for a reason we have a camera van near us for the fact that a school is around the corner and how would you feel if some one walked out in front of you. you have no chance of stoping and the kid will be dead have that on your mind i got cought speeding and i done my coarse and the stuff they show you on impact of a child is discusting makes you wanna be sick think your self lucky oh and i know loads of police and andyf on this site is one of them at the end of the day you were doing wrong and they are trying to save lives
Old 06-04-09, 12:57 PM   #37
KevG
2007 Focus ST2

KevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really nice
Infraction given against afcbadam

Thread Closed

Closed Thread