theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 13-06-12, 01:09 PM   #21
jamesc777

jamesc777 is on a distinguished road
quick question for peterzs, what mods if any have you done with yours?

jamesc777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-12, 08:11 AM   #22
jamesc777

well i spoke to the wife last night and i think its a yes to return.
This is the responce i got.
"it makes alot of sense to change the car, saves money in the long run and it has good tax and test and there is not point putting more money in the mondeo, if you want to then yes but we will have to watch the pennies."
Now then, how do we perseve this responce lol, she is not too bothered by cars, just practical and good for the family but she has a better money brain than me so thats why i gave her the figures and asked a decision.
I think its a yes but are there any girlies who can shed some light... please!!

Old 14-06-12, 08:42 AM   #23
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Hi James, my ones standard O/E at the moment.

But if I were to mod it, there are a number of things, Decat, boost pressure set a bit higher, Powerflow s/s exhaust from cat back. BMC panel filter, Rover ron mafram, (keeps the MAF within spec. or just make sure the MAF sensor is working correctly, about the most important part of getting any power, just flat if its gone) remap, give you about 135 bhp 208 ft/lbs torque.

Or bang in some SDi injectors, live with the black smoke and get 159 bhp, 236 ft/lbs torque, that would need to be done with a remap, so have to decide what way you want to go.

All the above is only a guide, as to what mods other people have done.

Hope you get a good one. Dont for get speed will be at the cost of mpg somewhere along the line.

Old 14-06-12, 08:53 AM   #24
jamesc777

Ha ha thanks for that, yeh its a shame speed lowers mpg!!
For me a better panel air filter with maybe a decat/stripped cat, riase boost a litlle (19psi sound common) and a remap, i like the idea of the sdi's but i think i clean smooth eco car with the bit extra grunt to make it easier to use day to day is what im after. The idea is for it to save me money.
I want to save up for a fun car one day in the future and we have loads going on with a new house and wedding in a couple of months so this is for the family.
Would post up the one iv seen but dont want someone to beet me too it lol but would be good to know if its a site user old car.....

Old 14-06-12, 09:19 AM   #25
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Think thats the way to go, only thing some people do is blank off the ERG valve.

Think it recirculates engine fumes, could be why some get the black mess inside the Turbo pipes.

You can also buy new Turbo pipes by Roose to replace the o/e ones that are prone to split.

Old 14-06-12, 09:30 AM   #26
jamesc777

Do you think i would be safe t post up the link to the Mg iv seen, i expect others have seen it up for sale as well but i am quite interested in it and would like to have the choice on it lol

Last edited by jamesc777; 14-06-12 at 12:25 PM.
Old 14-06-12, 11:53 AM   #27
peterzs
promoted bloke!

Post away I dont think anyone would pinch it off you.
Old 14-06-12, 12:24 PM   #28
jamesc777

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2004-04-MG...79462085854881

Hope that works.

Would be great to find one in xpower grey, deep red or the blue but i dont think i can be that picky so im focusing on the TD aspect and 180 kit and the history, mileage and warrenty (depending if its of any use lol)

Old 14-06-12, 01:21 PM   #29
andy-81

andy-81 has a spectacular aura aboutandy-81 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesc777 View Post
well i spoke to the wife last night and i think its a yes to return.
This is the responce i got.
"it makes alot of sense to change the car, saves money in the long run and it has good tax and test and there is not point putting more money in the mondeo, if you want to then yes but we will have to watch the pennies."
Now then, how do we perseve this responce lol, she is not too bothered by cars, just practical and good for the family but she has a better money brain than me so thats why i gave her the figures and asked a decision.
I think its a yes but are there any girlies who can shed some light... please!!
Although i'm not a girl i got the missus to read this and she said thats a yes in her book, so i am comfortable in saying go get it mate before someone else snaps it up but remember the basics have a good sniff round it, even underneath, make sure every single button works, check the aircon, check to see if the engine is warm before you start it up, if he has got it up to running temp, ask him why, if he hasn't make sure you do after you have taken it for test drive, listen for any unusual knocks and bangs when out on the road.

Be prepared to walk away from it if something doesn't sit right with you.
Check the history to see if the belts have been done and the hg as a few on various sites has had a problem with these.

if you sell the mondeo private, make sure you buy your missus something nice!
andy-81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-12, 01:46 PM   #30
jamesc777

Thanks for that andy and the missus!
Does getting married in July not count as something nice?! im sure i can find her i little something special just becuase i love her (sorry dont wish to put u all of you tea!)