theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 29-12-14, 07:46 AM   #11
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Should make for a very capable car on track. I've diced with a chap running a ZR VVC on throttle bodies, not as quick as the ZS but then I would expect the ZS to handle slightly better.
Old 29-12-14, 08:37 AM   #12
caled

caled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nice
Oooh I like those brakes. I guess you've not had much chance to test them out yet?
Old 29-12-14, 09:14 AM   #13
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by caled View Post
Oooh I like those brakes. I guess you've not had much chance to test them out yet?
not on this car, but I've had the same setup on another ZS a while back, the brakes are very very good, progressive and well balanced as it was designed to work with essentially the same rear callipers and doesn't suffer fade, this setup has been around for years, but only a few cars have bothered with it.
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-14, 10:24 AM   #14
BUCKYDEVIL

BUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud of
Nice one Mark, looks a great project and will give many a surprise on track Im sure..
BUCKYDEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-14, 03:23 PM   #15
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Should make for a very capable car on track. I've diced with a chap running a ZR VVC on throttle bodies, not as quick as the ZS but then I would expect the ZS to handle slightly better.
that sounds like a vhpd 190 conversion - if he'd blanked off the VVC mechs and put a 285 cam in?

The factory built 190's as used in the trophy championship are fast, they got every last bit of out the chassis.

Generally, the front running 190's are a few secs per lap quicker than a ZS, but it all depends who is driving!!!
Old 29-12-14, 03:26 PM   #16
Mark S

A cold day today, but managed to cut the front wing and fit the front arch bodykit, just hope it bonds OK in the cold

Just the sills to fit and then onto the front end, bumper, headlights etc.
Old 29-12-14, 04:31 PM   #17
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
that sounds like a vhpd 190 conversion - if he'd blanked off the VVC mechs and put a 285 cam in?

The factory built 190's as used in the trophy championship are fast, they got every last bit of out the chassis.

Generally, the front running 190's are a few secs per lap quicker than a ZS, but it all depends who is driving!!!
Apparently the chap has spent in the region of £8k on the engine, as most talk to be taken with a pinch of salt, but you never know. It did sound very good the last time I saw it but considering the amount spent I felt he was seen off as my zed was alot quicker over a lap. As you say, the car is only as good as the one pushing it along. Just highlights that too many focus on power (they forget torque) and see the handling and braking as a secondary feature.
Old 29-12-14, 06:06 PM   #18
BUCKYDEVIL

BUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud of
I've grown to be quite bored with my own ZS for quite a while now and many times would have liked a change but having been offered a pittance in part Exchange or No one wanting to buy a car with an engine swap unlisted with the DVLA
I feel like it's something that's tied to me so can't get rid of.
Will be replacing my wife's car this year and looks likely best thing for the ZS is to make it another Track car

ZS VVC FTW...
BUCKYDEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-14, 07:06 PM   #19
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Register the engine change?
Old 29-12-14, 07:38 PM   #20
MG ZS STE
Site Supporter

MG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
A £250 car with a roll cage that hasn't turned a wheel on the road in 6 years. Some of you may recognise it from here http://www.zscentral.com/phpbb/chris...t2802-675.html
I skipped to the end of this so already thought it had been MK2'd? Cant believe how much you've already managed to get done, only wish I could work at your speed.

I'm certain it will be a very capable track car when you've finished with it.