theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 05-06-13, 12:40 PM   #61
Smokey
The Alan Gow of OBTCC

Smokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to behold
Keep it, use some of the money to get it as it was, use the rest to improve it

2009 Forza 2 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC 2nd Place Runner-up
2009/2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Clio Cup 4th Place
2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/F500 Cup 2nd Place Runner-up
2011 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 3rd Place
2012 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 1st Place Winner
2012/2013 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/DTM Championship 3rd Place
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-13, 12:41 PM   #62
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough
Ahh forgot to say it will be a category c write off.

I do want to keep it.
But it will now require more time and effort on my part even though it was the third parties fault and he accepted liability.
I'm losing out with my car, my insurance and my money and time now.
He lost a little bit from his deposit on his HIRE car.
So I lose out more than him.
Can they write it off on a third party claim?
Skillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-13, 05:29 PM   #63
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough
Just did a quick 8 car average on the mk2 zs with body kit price up.

The average price came back as £2259.25.

Even the non-kitted ones are going at around £1600.

I'm gonna try for a bit more out of the deal.

Got a quick quote off a garage who said they could repair the bumper (if I got an arch spat) for £120+VAT.

I have headlights I bought earlier in the year, so hopefully could get it sorted for cheap and have some playing money.

I just looked at some definitions too and there are mixed views but I will try and argue a Cat D as it is only the bumper and headlight really.
Old 05-06-13, 05:36 PM   #64
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
A bit more money, cat d instead of c would be a good deal.

I was looking at buying an accident damaged fiat 500 to repair, some of the cars on Copart that were cat d had way more damage than a cat c zs.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-13, 05:48 PM   #65
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
That is never a cat c - I would even consider sending them the quote you've had and ask them how a car worth £2200 is a write off with a couple of £100's worth of damage.

Even if they insist on writing it off there is no structural damage that would render it a cat c.
Old 05-06-13, 05:56 PM   #66
Skillen

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
That is never a cat c - I would even consider sending them the quote you've had and ask them how a car worth £2200 is a write off with a couple of £100's worth of damage.

Even if they insist on writing it off there is no structural damage that would render it a cat c.
but they might fix it at that quote price and i kinda fancy some cash to spend on her XD

I agree though I was shocked when they called, I expected them to be telling me when it was going in considering last thursday they had said the repair company had ordered the parts and were waiting for delivery!
Old 06-06-13, 12:01 PM   #67
Skillen

Update from today's phone call.
I said I had averaged at £2200 over 8 cars of similar/lesser spec.
He checked again (01-05 I might add) and got £1630 pre accident value.
I tried to explain about there being a mk1 and mk2 but he said the system only had one in there.

So offered £1630 they take the car.
Or
£1205 and I keep the car.

Then offered £1700 and they take the car.
Or
£1105 and I keep the car on a cat D (cat doesn't really bother me as I'm not looking to sell)

He said if he went online he's sure he could find them for less than that price but again didn't seem to understand the two types thing.
Said optional extras like heated seats, climate control electric rear windows don't count in aftermarket value.
Only in presales new car value.

Don't know what to do now.
Don't know if its a fair price.
Any advice?
Thanks.
Old 06-06-13, 12:07 PM   #68
shycho

shycho is a jewel in the roughshycho is a jewel in the roughshycho is a jewel in the roughshycho is a jewel in the rough
Could you try talking to a different person at your insurance company and point out to them that an 09 mk6 Ford Fiesta would obviously cost more than an 09 mk5 Ford Fiesta as they are the new shape, and more desirable and therefore hold their value better as it seems talking about MG ZS's in the same manner goes over there heads.

Perhaps offer to email them an unedited list of results from autotrader for mkII models?

Can't think of what else you can do really.
shycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 12:16 PM   #69
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Make them a counter offer, £1150 you keep the car on a cat d, the write off category does make a difference, if it's cat c you need a vic before you can mot it and put it back on the road, it's only an identity check and doesn't involve the quality of any repairs, if it's a cat d none of the new mot and vic check applies.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 12:35 PM   #70
Skillen

Quote:
Originally Posted by petet16 View Post
Make them a counter offer, £1150 you keep the car on a cat d, the write off category does make a difference, if it's cat c you need a vic before you can mot it and put it back on the road, it's only an identity check and doesn't involve the quality of any repairs, if it's a cat d none of the new mot and vic check applies.
MOT is due end of this month anyway so that seems to negate it to me. Dunno what the insurance would do though in terms of increasing my renewal.

Also I counter offered at £1300 and keep the car and he said he couldn't as that would be over the price of the car pre-accident and their auditors if they looked would ask questions as to how they came to that price of something.

Last edited by Skillen; 06-06-13 at 01:10 PM.