theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Cars For Sale

Old 12-12-09, 06:43 AM   #1
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Mk1 ZS 180 Saloon.

Ha ha .... No not mine !

Thread on .org

Really nice looking pearlescent/monogram green which appears to have had all the cambelts done and a good history. The guy's willing to travel for a sale and only wants £1800. Looks mint !

http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=334411
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-09, 07:06 AM   #2
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
wow
Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-09, 09:27 AM   #3
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
I'm sorry but the ad has irritated me with comments like
Quote:
If you know about these cars you'll be delighted to know following info
Unlike a lot of models this has none of the common problems
and
Quote:
Alloys not corroded and paint flaking like most
It's the suggestion that most ZS's are trashed, a properly maintained car may suffer from common faults but these will be repaired when they occur.

He then goes on in a further post
Quote:
Quote:
"Is the plenum and VIS motors fully operational - no ticking or clackety-clack"
No idea about this but shes starts with out any nasty noises and runs the same,
so he doesn't even know all the common problems!

All of which reminds me, I must get my
Quote:
Traction control
fixed, either that or the owner has never driven the car hard enough to spin the wheels.

Oh no, hang on, it does have a common problem
Quote:
Sorry i think i must be getting confused with my other car then, thought i felt revs cut as tyres lost grip in ice,

just presumed this was factory built in traction control,
the seller bigging it up!

That said, it is a very fine example and a very keen price.
Old 12-12-09, 04:19 PM   #4
mattie007

mattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nice
I enquired about it but some of his answers in his emails were abit 'iffy'.
Seems strange that someone is willing to do a round trip of nearly 900 miles to get rid......

Theres something about it that doesnt add up. Why would you buy this as a 'temp runaround' and only do 170 miles in it?
Old 12-12-09, 05:10 PM   #5
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
This has been kicking around for a couple of weeks, not too sure of it myself. Would be worth a close inspection for sure at that price.
Old 12-12-09, 06:01 PM   #6
nath86

nath86 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
This has been kicking around for a couple of weeks, not too sure of it myself. Would be worth a close inspection for sure at that price.
hmm thats what i thought, mind you i bought mine that had the belts done by the owners friend , i have got a receipt for all the belts tho, they only done 200 miles in it and spent out on a service, clutch and all cylinders as well, and only had it a month but needed money for new windows for there house, and didnt even have the log book, HMMMM i thought, but nether the less i bought it as it drove lovely and it was love at first site lol, and after a few niggles like the reverse light switch going (a fiver second hand) its been the best car iv bought by a long way and iv done over 6k in it trouble free and the missis loves it and it doesnt have any plenum rattles either, and got the log book through in my name within 3 weeks, So SOMETIMES it pays to take a risk or 2, even tho some things may sound iffy
nath86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-09, 06:05 PM   #7
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
That's right, sometimes you have to be a little 'off the wall' and take a risk. They do pay off at times.
Old 31-12-09, 10:45 AM   #8
starfire039

starfire039 is on a distinguished road
To be honest, the golden rule of used cars- if it doesn't seem right, walk away.

This most certainly doesn't seem right. It's not like there's one or two things that seem a "bit off", almost everything he says is dodgy! I would personally avoid. If it doesn't all add up and seem right, walk away. If it's too good to be true, it almost always is.
  • Replace/fix rattly mirror
  • Mark 2 dashboard
  • Catch tank
  • New VIS motors
  • Fit bucket seats
  • Induction kit
  • New spark plugs + oil change
  • New exhaust
  • Decat
  • Fix drivers seat mounting hole
  • Reidy Remap

starfire039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-10, 06:40 PM   #9
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
ANYONE know what happened to this car, I've just followed the link i Dans post and got

Quote:
Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
Old 27-01-10, 07:09 PM   #10
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
ANYONE know what happened to this car, I've just followed the link i Dans post and got

Still on pistonheads .... re-advertised 8 days ago.

http://www.pistonheads.com/SALES/1346867.htm
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote