PDA

View Full Version : Changing fuel filter

bonsai
15-04-12, 12:52 PM
Anyone know an easy method to change it my confusion is over the union nuts you have to use two opposing spanners but not sure what to turn which way etc thought it would be simple job yea right!!

Zippy Saloon
15-04-12, 01:09 PM
The one nearest to filter you simply hold still, other one is undone as normal (anticlocwise to loosen, clockwise to tighten - leftie loosy, righty tighty).

James Raby
15-04-12, 03:00 PM
If it's on the 180, easier to remove the whole lot to be honest and de-assemble etc off the car, good luck trying to do the "quick release" or AKA "pain in the anal release" as they gunk up!!!

drroberts490
15-04-12, 03:51 PM
If it's on the 180, easier to remove the whole lot to be honest and de-assemble etc off the car, good luck trying to do the "quick release" or AKA "pain in the anal release" as they gunk up!!!

you're not wrong, took me a good 20 mins to get my bottom quick release off last week!! right pain in the a**e!!

James Raby
15-04-12, 06:21 PM
I actually went to "Machine Mart" and got some hose release clamps (like scissors really) pulled the two together along with 1/2 can of WD40 it released

just spray a bit on it every now and then so it doesn't do it again...

The joys of self maintenance!!

bonsai
16-04-12, 11:55 AM
Thanks lads when i finally got it off found out twas wrong filter,advertised on ebay as a zs180 dont think so!!!ps i agree about the bottom release i just left it and undid the nut at the bottom