PDA

View Full Version : Age is creeping up!

stamford
22-04-12, 10:37 AM
I think I may have to revert the 180 back to a fast road car. My back is not as strong as it once was and I think the Corbeau Forza's will have to go. Might replace the interior trim, carpets etc and fit a nice set of seats from a later mk2 perhaps?

I'm missing the zed on a daily basis and as it is stripped out it is not a nice ride for too long, Kathy hates it, so may well put some comfort back in it and enjoy as it should be. Besides track days are becoming an expensive luxury these days.

What should I do? Anyone got any ideas on what to fit in its place? Was thinking of a mk2 dash change as well.

Lukeus101
22-04-12, 10:43 AM
I miss my stripped out zr a fair bit, it's noisy lowered pain in the backside type features still hold a place in my heart. Can't you just get a cheap runabout?

Dan1971
22-04-12, 10:51 AM
I miss my stripped out zr a fair bit, it's noisy lowered pain in the backside type features still hold a place in my heart. Can't you just get a cheap runabout?

Get an alcantara interior in there mate if you can find one. Wouldn't bother with a dash change to be honest.

I've seen a Mk1 on the bay that has an alcantara interior fitted. It's going to go for about £850 and the belts are done. You could always get it and use it for the road, and keep yours as it stands so that you've got something that little bit special.

stamford
22-04-12, 10:52 AM
I don't have the room or finances to run another car, I insure three as it is! Besides I want to use the zed more! I have the Discovery for everyday stuff but miss the fun the zed brings. In an ideal world I would have a mk2 180 for everyday and keep the mk1 for track only use. However whatever I do I still need a Discovery sized vehicle to tow a 25' caravan and transport three Dalmatians!

talkingcars
22-04-12, 11:01 AM
How about getting a ZT-T 190 instead of the 4x4 and donating the ZS to the southern area ZS track car scheme?

tb steve
22-04-12, 11:05 AM
could you adapted a new interior so if you did go on a track day then it wont take long to re-fit and revert back again

say quick release bolts for the seats ??

er sound proofing all ready stuck on the underside of the carpets

dont know what else

Zippy Saloon
22-04-12, 11:22 AM
MkII dash is fairly easy change - feels a lot more modern.

sim85
22-04-12, 11:40 AM
A nice blue Alcantara trim with mk2 dash,lovely stuff!

daytona365
22-04-12, 12:15 PM
Put a nice comfy seat in the wifes side, F1 style ear plugs so it sounds quiet and a nice green buttoned leather one for you (as you getting old).
Oh Pair of nice thick coats, to make it nice and warm.

Sorted and cheap......................You could put a "Age concern" sticker in the window to complete things!!!!!!!!!!!

. Im off to swim the channel and run the marathon as Im still young!!!

stamford
22-04-12, 04:29 PM
Put a nice comfy seat in the wifes side, F1 style ear plugs so it sounds quiet and a nice green buttoned leather one for you (as you getting old).
Oh Pair of nice thick coats, to make it nice and warm.

Sorted and cheap......................You could put a "Age concern" sticker in the window to complete things!!!!!!!!!!!

. Im off to swim the channel and run the marathon as Im still young!!!

I may be older than some, but not all but I know how to ban people :strongbench:

Suppose I had better buy a Rover then.............

ZS
22-04-12, 07:07 PM
I may be older than some, but not all but I know how to ban people :strongbench:

Suppose I had better buy a Rover then.............

A nice Rover 45 v6... no clutch worries the either :)

talkingcars
22-04-12, 08:42 PM
A nice Rover 45 v6... no clutch worries the either :)

and you won't notice it's only 2 litres.

ZS
23-04-12, 07:31 AM
and you won't notice it's only 2 litres.

If he's getting old, he'll want a smaller engine, travelling at 30 everywhere except motorways and then only 57 on the motorway (its better for economy don't you know) :spider:

stamford
23-04-12, 07:44 AM
Okay, enough! I'm not changing this zed for anything, unless someone wants to swap me a nice mk2 180 ;) or a ZT260................of which I doubt very much!

So I am swaying towards maybe an Alcantara replacement and back to creature comforts so I can enjoy the zed as it should be and use it on a daily basis more then before. What's the point in having these extras and not using them! So I shall be offering my Corbeau Forza's up for sale in the near future I think and using said funds to find a replacement seat set.

talkingcars
23-04-12, 06:16 PM
and a good choice of seat they are, they're are a little firmer than the mk1 seats which I used to find getting a bit uncomfitable after a few hours, the alcantara don't bother me, even on a 4 hour stint.

Ritchy
23-04-12, 06:50 PM
get some galaxy seats fitted that swivel so you can get out easier

Dan1971
23-04-12, 07:11 PM
Full leathers mate - bit expensive though .... The set I put in my derv cost me £120 delivered ....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MG-ZS-180-120-FULL-BLACK-LEATHER-FRONT-REAR-SEATS-MONACO-/370602041539?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item56499a60c3

talkingcars
23-04-12, 07:30 PM
Alcantara will hold you in better than slippey leather or the galaxy's yacht captin seats, I know as I've tried both (well, Espace in the latter case).

Dan1971
23-04-12, 07:43 PM
Found them really good actually .... Do like leather - ;)

But seriously - the side bolsters and evrything about them made them a huge improvement over what I had.

stamford
23-04-12, 07:57 PM
Swivel seats, Do behave! :laugh:

Full leather is nice, had them in the Calibra and were heated too. £120 is a good price to me.

Dan1971
23-04-12, 09:17 PM
Swivel seats, Do behave! :laugh:

Full leather is nice, had them in the Calibra and were heated too. £120 is a good price to me.

It was an absolute steal - they didn't know thier true value to be honest and one wouldn't recline so I had to butcher the seat coming out for the mechanism, but they were mint when cleaned up.

Ritchy
23-04-12, 09:32 PM
hahaha:P

i like the alcantara but decided they would show up dirt too easy as i use my car for camping, to and from work ect, ended up with grey monacos which i think are nice and subtle, not as keen on the yellow and blue monaco's i have to say but the red is quite nice(although yellow works in the yellow car)

stamford
24-04-12, 07:22 AM
I still have the original blue monacos so I can still put them back in. But would prefer a change tbh.

stamford
28-04-12, 11:52 AM
Just had my first session for repairing my back this morning, nice doctor, acupuncture and some wrestling moves to crunch things up! A little sore at the moment! Looks like I'll be giving Thorpe Park a miss next week, daughter won't be happy! Doc said not a good idea, perhaps the week after once done another 30 min session.

grimmy
28-04-12, 11:54 AM
What's the problem with your back mick. It's the worst thing in the world a sore back.

stamford
28-04-12, 12:37 PM
Lower spine is twisted with inflamed muscles, also affected my left buttock and left leg. Apparently not severe and workable. However I have had ongoing back problems since 1985 when I damaged it working my car. Dr called it 'mechanics back' so have been living with it ever since, except the last 2-3 weeks it has been painful. So decided to get a 'service' for the old fella! :laugh:

What have you done to yours?

grimmy
28-04-12, 01:39 PM
Don't know,but like you I have had back pain for years but it used to subside after a week or so but this time its been pretty persistent for almost two years and it has been hellish they think its two bulging discs get m.r.I results on Monday so hope they can find the problem and then treat it to a satisfactory outcome as it really grinds you down after a while as you will well know.

stamford
28-04-12, 04:07 PM
Yea it can get you down, stops you doing the things you want to do or do automatically like walking the dogs, when on holiday and walking etc and recently gardening.

daytona365
28-04-12, 04:11 PM
Whast wrong with not doing the gardening lol..............All us men would ahve bad backs if it stopped us gardening. Mind you I aint got a garden so it dont matter.

grimmy
28-04-12, 05:14 PM
Whast wrong with not doing the gardening lol..............All us men would ahve bad backs if it stopped us gardening. Mind you I aint got a garden so it dont matter.

I am a gardener to trade so not being able to is not a good thing.