theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 22-04-12, 10:37 AM   #1
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Age is creeping up!

I think I may have to revert the 180 back to a fast road car. My back is not as strong as it once was and I think the Corbeau Forza's will have to go. Might replace the interior trim, carpets etc and fit a nice set of seats from a later mk2 perhaps?

I'm missing the zed on a daily basis and as it is stripped out it is not a nice ride for too long, Kathy hates it, so may well put some comfort back in it and enjoy as it should be. Besides track days are becoming an expensive luxury these days.

What should I do? Anyone got any ideas on what to fit in its place? Was thinking of a mk2 dash change as well.
Old 22-04-12, 10:43 AM   #2
Lukeus101

Lukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to all
I miss my stripped out zr a fair bit, it's noisy lowered pain in the backside type features still hold a place in my heart. Can't you just get a cheap runabout?

ZS Appreciation Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/475756782447499/

> ZR 105 (Broken) > MK2 ZS 180 (Sold) > MK1 ZS 180 (Sold) > ZR Replica (Dead) > MK1 ZS 180 (Broken)
Lukeus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-12, 10:51 AM   #3
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeus101 View Post
I miss my stripped out zr a fair bit, it's noisy lowered pain in the backside type features still hold a place in my heart. Can't you just get a cheap runabout?
Get an alcantara interior in there mate if you can find one. Wouldn't bother with a dash change to be honest.

I've seen a Mk1 on the bay that has an alcantara interior fitted. It's going to go for about £850 and the belts are done. You could always get it and use it for the road, and keep yours as it stands so that you've got something that little bit special.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-12, 10:52 AM   #4
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
I don't have the room or finances to run another car, I insure three as it is! Besides I want to use the zed more! I have the Discovery for everyday stuff but miss the fun the zed brings. In an ideal world I would have a mk2 180 for everyday and keep the mk1 for track only use. However whatever I do I still need a Discovery sized vehicle to tow a 25' caravan and transport three Dalmatians!

Last edited by stamford; 22-04-12 at 11:55 AM.
stamford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-12, 11:01 AM   #5
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
How about getting a ZT-T 190 instead of the 4x4 and donating the ZS to the southern area ZS track car scheme?
Old 22-04-12, 11:05 AM   #6
tb steve

tb steve has a spectacular aura abouttb steve has a spectacular aura about
could you adapted a new interior so if you did go on a track day then it wont take long to re-fit and revert back again

say quick release bolts for the seats ??

er sound proofing all ready stuck on the underside of the carpets

dont know what else
tb steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-12, 11:22 AM   #7
Zippy Saloon

Zippy Saloon is on a distinguished road
MkII dash is fairly easy change - feels a lot more modern.

Driven the MG6 once but I'll be more careful in the future
Zippy Saloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-12, 11:40 AM   #8
sim85

sim85 is on a distinguished road
A nice blue Alcantara trim with mk2 dash,lovely stuff!
Old 22-04-12, 12:15 PM   #9
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
Put a nice comfy seat in the wifes side, F1 style ear plugs so it sounds quiet and a nice green buttoned leather one for you (as you getting old).
Oh Pair of nice thick coats, to make it nice and warm.

Sorted and cheap......................You could put a "Age concern" sticker in the window to complete things!!!!!!!!!!!

. Im off to swim the channel and run the marathon as Im still young!!!
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-12, 04:29 PM   #10
stamford
Site Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona365 View Post
Put a nice comfy seat in the wifes side, F1 style ear plugs so it sounds quiet and a nice green buttoned leather one for you (as you getting old).
Oh Pair of nice thick coats, to make it nice and warm.

Sorted and cheap......................You could put a "Age concern" sticker in the window to complete things!!!!!!!!!!!

. Im off to swim the channel and run the marathon as Im still young!!!
I may be older than some, but not all but I know how to ban people

Suppose I had better buy a Rover then.............