PDA

View Full Version : EKA Code Entry

Jono-MG
21-04-13, 02:06 PM
Hi All,

I am away from home and my fob has just gone through the wash, I have recovered my EKA from mgrovercodes.com and used the following instructions:

Using the ignition key insert it into the drivers door lock.
Turn the key clockwise to the locking position (the doors will lock) and hold it in this position for at least 5 seconds.
After 5 seconds slowly return the key to a central upright position.
The first digit - Turn the key fully, as far as it can go, anticlockwise to the unlock position (the doors will unlock) then back to the central upright position. This should be done the amount of times as the first digit on your security card.
The second digit - Turn the key fully, as far as it can go, clockwise to the lock position then back to the central, upright position. This should be done the amount of times as the second digit on your security card.
The third digit - Turn the key anticlockwise to the unlock position again, the number of times shown on the security card
The fourth digit - Turn the key clockwise to the lock position again, the number of times shown on the security card.
Once this has been completed turn the key to the unlock position once.

If the code has been entered correctly, open the door and the red flashing LED light on the dashboard will stop. You will now be able to start the vehicle.

Problem is its not working, heres what happens turn the key to the lock for 5 seconds, turn to unlock to start entering the first digit of the EKA code car unlocks indicators start flashing work my way through the code turning the key to the locking and unlocking and listening for the sound of the actuator to make sure it registers properly finally unlock the car indicators are still flashing and LED on dash still lit, immobilier still on and car won't start. Any ideas? 54 plate mk2 I belive it has the pektron alarm (3 button fob) in case that makes a difference but i'm starting to think its either the wrong code in the database :/ in which case where would I go from here to get this sorted any mobile people can retrieve the EKA by plugging into the system?

petet16
21-04-13, 02:49 PM
After you've entered the eka code leave it for 10 minutes before opening the door.

Jono-MG
21-04-13, 06:00 PM
After you've entered the eka code leave it for 10 minutes before opening the door.

Thanks! is this after the code or do you still do the final unlock before leaving it for 10 minutes?

petet16
21-04-13, 06:06 PM
Do the final unlock, and then leave it 10 mins

Jono-MG
22-04-13, 09:02 PM
Do the final unlock, and then leave it 10 mins

Worked a treat tyvm! Got back from Manchester no worries now to sort a replacement fob and get that programmed.

petet16
22-04-13, 09:08 PM
Brilliant news, the Pektron system can be a pita.

bezzler29
22-04-13, 09:24 PM
I've just had this - I found I could cycle through the ek code without any pauses and then open the door and get in. I then had to wait 5 minutes before attempting to start. You can turn the ignition to position 1 for windows stereo and fan while you wait.

Jono-MG
22-04-13, 10:51 PM
Any folks on the forum supply keys and/or do the programming would like to throw the business to a forum supporter if possible quoted from MG garage £130 for 3 button replacement and programming.

petet16
23-04-13, 05:32 AM
Booby Brown could be your man.

petet16
23-04-13, 05:33 AM
http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/member.php?u=6025

peterzs
23-04-13, 08:56 AM
Well done Pete, good shout!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jono-MG
24-04-13, 10:11 AM
Cheers for the info Pete, I've dropped him a message.

I have noticed however that after some time stationary and locked the immobilizer and alarm activate again and I have to re-enter the code. Should it be doing this? and any idea what the timeout is?

petet16
24-04-13, 10:15 AM
I'm not 100% sure, but I think what you describe is how it's meant to work, it should return to normal when you get a functioning fob.

Bobbybrown
24-04-13, 11:46 AM
As per the PM I can sort this for you as long as your EKA is working to disable the immobiliser :)

bezzler29
24-04-13, 08:43 PM
I think it locks out again after 15 minutes - it's in the handbook if you've got one.

Jono-MG
09-05-13, 08:02 PM
Hey all big update on this one..

TL;DR - if you lose or damage a mk2 Pektron key replace it IMMEDIATELY!

Took the car up to see Bobbybrown and although I could drive the car on the EKA (FYI - found the manual its a 5 minute delay after entering the code during which time the door can be opened and ignition turned to stages 1 and 2 so you can at least listen to the radio and get out of the rain) the car was not having any of programming a new key despite his best efforts, top bloke much recommened and my first call if I decide to do anything silly with a fob again!

The car then spent 3 1/4 hours last Tuesday morning at Summit MG garage with 4 of the guys around it and array of laptops and devices after which they were stumped by its steadfast disobediance, top bloke though the parts/service manager Nick didn't charge for the time and offered some advise on how to proceed and wished me well.

Finally then I got in touch with Technozen from the .org boards as the new model TF's have the same alarm system (this write up if anyones interested http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=384938). I dug the SCU out of the bowels of the dash around a 4/5 hour job on a first time basis making sure I didn't break anything and in between running around to find a TORX-Plus 25 head (found mine at machinemart, screwfix had never heard of it!) that I didn't need to unscrew the 'special screw' holding in the scu (mine was a phillips head, you could have called it..bit of the MG construction magic) this is much easier in mine as its climate control therefore all plug and play rather than the heater/ac dials which I understand are a PITA. So then recorded post down and ALOT of bubble wrap! Decoding/re-programming of SCU, fob coding and same day return! 1-2 hours to put it all back and Robert is your fathers brother.

Also on a quick note if you do have to run the car on the EKA its fine, however be prepared to SPRINT at pertrol stations! le mans style haha :D

peterzs
09-05-13, 08:11 PM
All sounds a bit of a pain, just hope my key behaves!!!!

Thanks for the info though, hope all's well now.

:wave::wave::wave: