AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 21-04-13, 02:06 PM   #1
Jono-MG

Jono-MG is on a distinguished road
EKA Code Entry

Hi All,

I am away from home and my fob has just gone through the wash, I have recovered my EKA from mgrovercodes.com and used the following instructions:

Using the ignition key insert it into the drivers door lock.
Turn the key clockwise to the locking position (the doors will lock) and hold it in this position for at least 5 seconds.
After 5 seconds slowly return the key to a central upright position.
The first digit - Turn the key fully, as far as it can go, anticlockwise to the unlock position (the doors will unlock) then back to the central upright position. This should be done the amount of times as the first digit on your security card.
The second digit - Turn the key fully, as far as it can go, clockwise to the lock position then back to the central, upright position. This should be done the amount of times as the second digit on your security card.
The third digit - Turn the key anticlockwise to the unlock position again, the number of times shown on the security card
The fourth digit - Turn the key clockwise to the lock position again, the number of times shown on the security card.
Once this has been completed turn the key to the unlock position once.

If the code has been entered correctly, open the door and the red flashing LED light on the dashboard will stop. You will now be able to start the vehicle.

Problem is its not working, heres what happens turn the key to the lock for 5 seconds, turn to unlock to start entering the first digit of the EKA code car unlocks indicators start flashing work my way through the code turning the key to the locking and unlocking and listening for the sound of the actuator to make sure it registers properly finally unlock the car indicators are still flashing and LED on dash still lit, immobilier still on and car won't start. Any ideas? 54 plate mk2 I belive it has the pektron alarm (3 button fob) in case that makes a difference but i'm starting to think its either the wrong code in the database :/ in which case where would I go from here to get this sorted any mobile people can retrieve the EKA by plugging into the system?

Last edited by Jono-MG; 09-05-13 at 08:02 PM.
Jono-MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-13, 02:49 PM   #2
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
After you've entered the eka code leave it for 10 minutes before opening the door.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-13, 06:00 PM   #3
Jono-MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by petet16 View Post
After you've entered the eka code leave it for 10 minutes before opening the door.
Thanks! is this after the code or do you still do the final unlock before leaving it for 10 minutes?
Old 21-04-13, 06:06 PM   #4
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Do the final unlock, and then leave it 10 mins

Old 22-04-13, 09:02 PM   #5
Jono-MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by petet16 View Post
Do the final unlock, and then leave it 10 mins
Worked a treat tyvm! Got back from Manchester no worries now to sort a replacement fob and get that programmed.
Old 22-04-13, 09:08 PM   #6
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

Brilliant news, the Pektron system can be a pita.

Old 22-04-13, 09:24 PM   #7
bezzler29

bezzler29 is on a distinguished road
I've just had this - I found I could cycle through the ek code without any pauses and then open the door and get in. I then had to wait 5 minutes before attempting to start. You can turn the ignition to position 1 for windows stereo and fan while you wait.
bezzler29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-13, 10:51 PM   #8
Jono-MG

Any folks on the forum supply keys and/or do the programming would like to throw the business to a forum supporter if possible quoted from MG garage £130 for 3 button replacement and programming.
Old 23-04-13, 05:32 AM   #9
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

Booby Brown could be your man.

Old 23-04-13, 05:33 AM   #10
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/member.php?u=6025