PDA

View Full Version : New MG3 Prices

Steven11
03-08-13, 09:20 AM
http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/mg3-prices-revealed/266403?utm_source=Silverpop&utm_medium=EMAIL&utm_campaign=WCAR%20ENews%20Bulletin%20(02.08.2013 %20Original%20RESEND)&utm_content=reviews3_image

Seems quite resonable.

mattie007
03-08-13, 09:49 AM
Thats a very good price as most were saying £13k for the top model. They just need to advertise it and it will sell well.

POMPSKI
03-08-13, 11:14 AM
All it needs is a little advertising. I must say I have been very impressed with the MG 3 so far, I'm hoping they don't undo all their good work by now not promoting their product.

Dan1971
03-08-13, 12:01 PM
Having seen the 3 in person at Duxford with a few of the guys - my view unfortunately is that it is miles behind competitors ....

The peugeot 208, clio, fiesta etc are in my view miles better looking, and I have no doubt better built.

Steven11
03-08-13, 12:14 PM
Having seen the 3 in person at Duxford with a few of the guys - my view unfortunately is that it is miles behind competitors ....

The peugeot 208, clio, fiesta etc are in my view miles better looking, and I have no doubt better built.

But also cost a fair bit more. Especially for one with a resonable spec.

grimmy
03-08-13, 12:24 PM
I think its a fug ugly looking thing.not a fan at all.

POMPSKI
03-08-13, 12:56 PM
Interesting Dan - I was quite fond of the Duxford one. Sure it looked cheap inside, but then the top model will be selling for less than 10k

Mark S
03-08-13, 03:05 PM
first years free insurance and some finance offers would make it very attractive as a first car.

Jimmy80808
04-08-13, 10:48 PM
Lot of modern cars look more like an upturned boat than a car. Guess its down to all the crash safety tests especially the pedestrian crash tests. Its not bad except the front grill badge area. It seems MG front styling is philtrum inspired. Both the 3 and 6 have them under the badge.

A turbo hot hatch model would be interesting if they can fit the mg6 engine in it.

stamford
05-08-13, 07:00 AM
If they market it correctly and offer good deals then it will certainly do well against the Citroen DS3 and Vauxhall Adam purely on price. A lot of youngsters these days want a new car with low running costs and free insurance that look fresh. A lot of manufacturers are losing business as the deal is key as is the trim level and gadgets they want included in the package. My daughter was after a DS3, deal didn't fit her budget, looked at the Adam, deal was still the wrong side of her budget. A week later they called her back with an improved offer and she got what she wanted and within her budget. Citroen wouldn't budge so lost out. Time will tell if the MG3 fits in and if the deals on the table work. IMO Vauxhall were slow with the Adam and the advertising poor, hate to think how MG will fare.

shycho
05-08-13, 09:06 AM
If it has the right finance package/goodies available, I may very well be tempted by this as it has all the technology I was looking for in a car before I settled on my ZS. Might have to see if there is one available for a test drive.

Dan1971
05-08-13, 09:24 AM
You'll be able to get one for a weekend most likely like I did with the 6.

Skillen
05-08-13, 10:18 AM
Liking the hello yellow and the black looks on the creator!
Some nice little touches. Liking the black with the red offset stripe!

I may try and talk my sister round as she's 17 and looking at Adams, fiat 500's and swifts at the minute.

I couldn't even give her my ZR as "it's too boy looking".
So I may be able to tempt her to mg with these!

And my dad will be happy with the pricing too!
And it's well specced for the price!

talkingcars
05-08-13, 06:41 PM
I wasn't that keen when I saw them at Duxford, nor was Gemma - however the pricing makes them more attractive.

Skillen
05-08-13, 06:43 PM
I wasn't that keen when I saw them at Duxford, nor was Gemma - however the pricing makes them more attractive.

My brothers girlfriend really likes the look of them.
And has now got her mind off the damn polo she wanted!

Dan1971
05-08-13, 07:00 PM
I retract what I said - for that money it's being placed in a totally different league to the fiesta, clio and 208 - Bargain really. Top spec car for £10k brand new is scary cheap to be honest.

Could it be the new Mini .... ?

talkingcars
05-08-13, 08:03 PM
Talk about a fail, they don't even mention the 3 on the www.mg.co.uk website!

talkingcars
05-08-13, 08:06 PM
Talk about a fail, they don't even mention the 3 on the www.mg.co.uk website!

Talk about wierd, 2 hours ago I couldn't find a trace, just posted the above and checked the link, goes straight to a page with a link to 3 pricing.

petet16
05-08-13, 08:13 PM
It's a scrolling banner on the top of the page

talkingcars
06-08-13, 05:02 AM
and the only mention I can find on their home page!

BUCKYDEVIL
06-08-13, 09:51 PM
I quite like the 3 & would defo look toward ownership for the Mrs to replace her Aygo when the time comes.
Wouldnt buy brand new though so maybe give it a year or so & I reckon it will be a brilliant price 2nd hand runabout.

mattie007
06-08-13, 10:29 PM
Had a good poke around at Snetterton and for the price it's fantastic. Nice design and well equipped. I'd be tempted by a new one if they can offer 0% finance and a 5 year warranty. Saying that, I'm also growing fond of the 6 Magnette in white. Can be had for around £8k now.