Steven11

Steven11 has a spectacular aura aboutSteven11 has a spectacular aura about
New MG3 Prices

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/mg3-...reviews3_image

Seems quite resonable.
Steven11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-13, 09:49 AM   #2
mattie007

mattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nice
Thats a very good price as most were saying £13k for the top model. They just need to advertise it and it will sell well.
Old 03-08-13, 11:14 AM   #3
POMPSKI

POMPSKI is a jewel in the roughPOMPSKI is a jewel in the roughPOMPSKI is a jewel in the rough
All it needs is a little advertising. I must say I have been very impressed with the MG 3 so far, I'm hoping they don't undo all their good work by now not promoting their product.
POMPSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-13, 12:01 PM   #4
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Having seen the 3 in person at Duxford with a few of the guys - my view unfortunately is that it is miles behind competitors ....

The peugeot 208, clio, fiesta etc are in my view miles better looking, and I have no doubt better built.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-13, 12:14 PM   #5
Steven11

Steven11 has a spectacular aura aboutSteven11 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
Having seen the 3 in person at Duxford with a few of the guys - my view unfortunately is that it is miles behind competitors ....

The peugeot 208, clio, fiesta etc are in my view miles better looking, and I have no doubt better built.
But also cost a fair bit more. Especially for one with a resonable spec.
Steven11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-13, 12:24 PM   #6
grimmy
its ginger its phenomenal

grimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud of
I think its a fug ugly looking thing.not a fan at all.
Old 03-08-13, 12:56 PM   #7
POMPSKI

POMPSKI is a jewel in the roughPOMPSKI is a jewel in the roughPOMPSKI is a jewel in the rough
Interesting Dan - I was quite fond of the Duxford one. Sure it looked cheap inside, but then the top model will be selling for less than 10k
POMPSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-13, 03:05 PM   #8
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
first years free insurance and some finance offers would make it very attractive as a first car.
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-13, 10:48 PM   #9
Jimmy80808

Jimmy80808 is on a distinguished road
Lot of modern cars look more like an upturned boat than a car. Guess its down to all the crash safety tests especially the pedestrian crash tests. Its not bad except the front grill badge area. It seems MG front styling is philtrum inspired. Both the 3 and 6 have them under the badge.

A turbo hot hatch model would be interesting if they can fit the mg6 engine in it.
Rover SD1 Vitesse JE V8
Rover SD1 Vitesse TP V8
Jimmy80808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-13, 07:00 AM   #10
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
If they market it correctly and offer good deals then it will certainly do well against the Citroen DS3 and Vauxhall Adam purely on price. A lot of youngsters these days want a new car with low running costs and free insurance that look fresh. A lot of manufacturers are losing business as the deal is key as is the trim level and gadgets they want included in the package. My daughter was after a DS3, deal didn't fit her budget, looked at the Adam, deal was still the wrong side of her budget. A week later they called her back with an improved offer and she got what she wanted and within her budget. Citroen wouldn't budge so lost out. Time will tell if the MG3 fits in and if the deals on the table work. IMO Vauxhall were slow with the Adam and the advertising poor, hate to think how MG will fare.