PDA

View Full Version : eBay / Facebook Find

ZS
28-11-14, 03:14 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/311191168781?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I was talking to the owner on Facebook about this before he put it up on eBay.

I do feel sorry for him over the way the guy (who was recommended to do the paintwork) screwed up the job and the car and then went about things (I mean who masks off the car then uses a stanley knife to cut off the tape ON the car????) and the state the car has been left in... It would be a damn shame to see that car go to the scrap heap in the sky as well.

I find myself in the position where I can fix the car up (got a mini body shop in the garage due to my other half having an airbrush business) and loads of spare parts laying around as well, with the ability to run the car as a show/weekend car but due to the time of year etc not the capitol to put up and buy it at the moment... Damn shame if you ask me.

Some may say that its not worth buying it and it will cost loads to put it right, but for me the putting it right bit won't cost that much at all :) still pipe dreams I fear... well unless I can find the cash from somewhere! (Can offer Airbrush work or Computer work in return lol)

petet16
28-11-14, 03:21 PM
I'd seen that as well, potentially a very nice car.

adam
28-11-14, 04:12 PM
I saw this on FB too. Was a lovely colour and I actually don't mind the sort of matt green it's gone. Such a shame.

I had a similar experience with a recommended bodyshop before and they caused more damage than they fixed. I just don't trust peoples recommendations for bodywork now, just my own judgement and experience of places I've used/found myself.

ZS
28-11-14, 05:20 PM
Thing is I know that the bodywork will put people off the car. Yet I also know it could be saved and be a really nice car again!

Tempted... I just can't work out a way to raise the capitol initially!

MG ZS STE
28-11-14, 05:48 PM
These cars need saving. The survivors will be sought after in the not too distant future.

r45td
28-11-14, 07:37 PM
I personally think it would be good opportunity to wrap it carbon fibre effect chameleon green,yellow,purple effect vinyl wrap...

andys1981
28-11-14, 07:38 PM
i had commented on it aswell,thats why am gonna stick to my guns and get my car fixed after that arse tryed to paint mines,wrong time of year for things like this,but heh ho,i can relate to how the guy feels as i felt like scrapping my zed,but had a good think and we shall see the finished result hopefully soon.

stamford
28-11-14, 09:35 PM
Holy Shoite, what fud did that? Name and shame the b'stard!

Definately one to save.

ZS
28-11-14, 10:00 PM
Holy Shoite, what fud did that? Name and shame the b'stard!

Definately one to save.

I've been looking around for a project ZS for a few months now, stopped looking due to Christmas and this pops up!

Owner is Deffo going to scrap it if he doesn't get damn near what he wants for it though, a lot of work has gone into it before the idiot killed the paintwork and now the guy who wrecked the paint won't return calls or anything. Owner said he feels sick, can't drive the car and just wants rid, but needs to get back the money he has spent on another car... Which is fair enough IMO.

I'm still talking to him, but I don't hold out much hope for him dropping the price any further... Or holding on to the car for a month or so till funds return either...

Mark S
29-11-14, 06:31 AM
Owner is Deffo going to scrap it if he doesn't get damn near what he wants for it...

I'm still talking to him, but I don't hold out much hope for him dropping the price any further... Or holding on to the car for a month or so till funds return either...

Bit of a contradiction, its worth about 90quid with current scrap rates!!!

But he won't take much less than a grand for a car that needs half a respray???

petet16
29-11-14, 07:36 AM
I can sympathise with the fact that he wants his money back, but as said above its scrap value isn't huge, he could break it for a good amount but it'll take time, so the money will come in dribs and drabs, as a whole car it is potentially a nice car, but to anyone who would have to use a paint shop to rectify the defects £995 is not a very appealing price.

ZS
29-11-14, 08:07 AM
He means break it... So sell all big bits off then scrap rest and yeah he would get close to a grand back that way I recon...

talkingcars
29-11-14, 09:50 AM
He means break it... So sell all big bits off then scrap rest and yeah he would get close to a grand back that way I recon...

Easily.

ZS
29-11-14, 12:35 PM
Hopefully this one is now saved ;)

stamford
29-11-14, 12:42 PM
Hopefully this one is now saved ;)

Did you? :bounce:

ZS
29-11-14, 12:54 PM
Did you? :bounce:

Got a bit of unexpected work thrown my way which covers the sale price easily, so told him to secure the work i need the money this week... as soon as the cash is in my hands the day after the car will be on my drive, then in the new year the paintwork will begin... (Deposit already paid to secure car)

petet16
29-11-14, 01:30 PM
Good work, it would have been a shame to see it broken just because of some paint damage

stamford
29-11-14, 02:49 PM
Well done Sam, pleased for you. :thumbsup:

Maxfly
29-11-14, 02:59 PM
That's excellent, good to see a rescue on the cards

Dan1971
29-11-14, 03:49 PM
Great news.

john180
30-11-14, 05:37 PM
Great news on this!! Looking forward to see it looking great again!

adam
30-11-14, 06:07 PM
Good job!

peterzs
30-11-14, 07:08 PM
Well done Sam, have to have a "hands on meet", if you need a hand!!

:flowers::flowers::flowers:

andys1981
01-12-14, 02:19 AM
well done sam good to see the car being saved.