theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Cars For Sale

Old 28-11-14, 03:14 PM   #1
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
eBay / Facebook Find

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3111911687...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I was talking to the owner on Facebook about this before he put it up on eBay.

I do feel sorry for him over the way the guy (who was recommended to do the paintwork) screwed up the job and the car and then went about things (I mean who masks off the car then uses a stanley knife to cut off the tape ON the car????) and the state the car has been left in... It would be a damn shame to see that car go to the scrap heap in the sky as well.

I find myself in the position where I can fix the car up (got a mini body shop in the garage due to my other half having an airbrush business) and loads of spare parts laying around as well, with the ability to run the car as a show/weekend car but due to the time of year etc not the capitol to put up and buy it at the moment... Damn shame if you ask me.

Some may say that its not worth buying it and it will cost loads to put it right, but for me the putting it right bit won't cost that much at all still pipe dreams I fear... well unless I can find the cash from somewhere! (Can offer Airbrush work or Computer work in return lol)

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-14, 03:21 PM   #2
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
I'd seen that as well, potentially a very nice car.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-14, 04:12 PM   #3
adam

adam has a spectacular aura aboutadam has a spectacular aura about
I saw this on FB too. Was a lovely colour and I actually don't mind the sort of matt green it's gone. Such a shame.

I had a similar experience with a recommended bodyshop before and they caused more damage than they fixed. I just don't trust peoples recommendations for bodywork now, just my own judgement and experience of places I've used/found myself.
Old 28-11-14, 05:20 PM   #4
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Thing is I know that the bodywork will put people off the car. Yet I also know it could be saved and be a really nice car again!

Tempted... I just can't work out a way to raise the capitol initially!

Old 28-11-14, 05:48 PM   #5
MG ZS STE
Site Supporter

MG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really nice
These cars need saving. The survivors will be sought after in the not too distant future.
Old 28-11-14, 07:37 PM   #6
r45td

r45td is on a distinguished road
I personally think it would be good opportunity to wrap it carbon fibre effect chameleon green,yellow,purple effect vinyl wrap...
r45td is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-14, 07:38 PM   #7
andys1981

andys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the rough
i had commented on it aswell,thats why am gonna stick to my guns and get my car fixed after that arse tryed to paint mines,wrong time of year for things like this,but heh ho,i can relate to how the guy feels as i felt like scrapping my zed,but had a good think and we shall see the finished result hopefully soon.
andys1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-14, 09:35 PM   #8
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Holy Shoite, what fud did that? Name and shame the b'stard!

Definately one to save.
Old 28-11-14, 10:00 PM   #9
ZS
IT Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Holy Shoite, what fud did that? Name and shame the b'stard!

Definately one to save.
I've been looking around for a project ZS for a few months now, stopped looking due to Christmas and this pops up!

Owner is Deffo going to scrap it if he doesn't get damn near what he wants for it though, a lot of work has gone into it before the idiot killed the paintwork and now the guy who wrecked the paint won't return calls or anything. Owner said he feels sick, can't drive the car and just wants rid, but needs to get back the money he has spent on another car... Which is fair enough IMO.

I'm still talking to him, but I don't hold out much hope for him dropping the price any further... Or holding on to the car for a month or so till funds return either...

Old 29-11-14, 06:31 AM   #10
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS View Post
Owner is Deffo going to scrap it if he doesn't get damn near what he wants for it...

I'm still talking to him, but I don't hold out much hope for him dropping the price any further... Or holding on to the car for a month or so till funds return either...
Bit of a contradiction, its worth about 90quid with current scrap rates!!!

But he won't take much less than a grand for a car that needs half a respray???
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote